• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Architectual drawings, Plot, or Print?

knucklehead

A lady ask me about reproducing some old architectual drawings. Never done any before, never been asked before. What would be the better method, pen plot in Graphtec, or print on Epson 9600? They are 'supposed' to be already scanned on a disk.

AF

Old architectural drawings were hand drawn, pen plotting would not be an option. I print plans all the time and use cheap 20lb cellulose paper with a super low ink 4-pass custom profile. It would be quicker and cheaper for the person to just go to a copy shop that specializes in plan reproduction since their toner printer will spit out a page every 20 seconds.

MikePro

architectural drawings are a mess. overlapping lines with strokes and random artifacts. even if it was vectorized, your plotter would be bogged-down for hours and hours trying to plot every single line AND it still wouldn't look anything close to what you see on your screen.

printing it would definitely look a LOT cleaner, faster to reproduce, and less headache than having to worry about cleaning up vectors.

knucklehead

Thanks for the replies. Her daughter-in-law is supposed to be bringing me the 'disk', this weekend, so I'll get to see what format it is, and stuff. They are wanting these printed as art pieces, I guess, to frame and hang. Granpa was supposed to be some kind of big time achitech back in the day. We'll see.