• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon wrap kit pros & cons

SE SignSupply

How about the static problem. It is extreamly charged with static from the factory. any one else seen that or is it maybe my supplier.

We have seen static issues with a couple of customers. Given 24 hours to acclimate to your print environment (the media) these issues go away 99% of the time. Do you happen to be running a Roland?

Ryan

eforer

"overspray" can also be attributed to dampers on the way out. I've printed on the 4560GTX before, I didn't realize thats what you guys were recommending for their calendered vehicle product. IMO the 3195ra from Oracal prints better. I also received a contaminated roll of GTX on a couple of occasions, never with the Oracal. I'd be willing to give it another shot.

How much is their cast air egress wrap film for say a 54"X150'? I might be interested in grabbing a roll of that to give it a try if its a good value.

kustomkoncepts

[IMO the 3195ra from Oracal prints better./quote]

Did you mean 3165RA Not 3195RA I am looking on Oracal.com and there is no 3195RA? Or where is it?

cdiesel

I think he meant 3951RA.. it's their cast wrap material. We can buy an Arlon kit for around $600 here.. I cut my teeth on Oracal 3951 (the stickiest vinyl out there) but the 6000X doesn't have as much body as the Oracal does. We almost exclusively use 180C here.
Had to wrap two cars last week on supplied 6000X, and I can say it took a little longer than if it were printed on 180C. Not too bad, but in a world where time is money, we stick with 3M now. 2nd choice is 3951RA, with 6000X and MacTac Bfree Pro in 3rd. All of the products work.. each is just a little different to work with.

kustomkoncepts

Exeryone has to try all the materials and make there own desission. I had nothing but Failure with everything I did on the Mac Tac B Free and will never use any Mac Tac Materials again. There was no tac to it. Orecal is good I found 3M 180Cv2 I like the best great print, easy to work with and sticks good. every one is going to have different opions and each will decide what they like.

(but back to the Oracal 3195 RA we where comparing this to 4560 GTX these are both calendered wrap release vinyls. he said the 3195ra was about $200.00 a roll this is comparable to the 4560 GTX about $240 I think?

These are not for good wraps but they areCheap NON CAST relase liner material for these short term flat applications. I have had bad luck with contaminated rolls and static electricity with the 4560 so i am looking for a diferent calendered wrap for my Race cars)

Prism1

Right on - not sure about the static problem. I called my Arlon rep, and he said he was not aware of any static issues with print materials. We've heard of his numerous times with laminates (that use synthetic liners) and usually that can be fixed by grounding machines.

PS. I was checking out some of your work on other threads, nice work. I love me some dirt cars!

JASON...check your PM

dolce05

i wrap with it on occasion......prints nice.....a bitch to install with. The glue is real aggressive. I'm a big fan of 3M so maybe i'm spoiled. Overall the wraps came out nice but, each panel was a challenge.

When i wrap with 3M i yap on my phone (with ear piece) through an install and dont even have to think twice. I actually can install with 3M better than i can walk..

Arlons grade with me: c+

jc1cell

I don't know how well it works since I have never used it. However, my brother in law has installed using arlon and tells me it peels back after a while. Now, I don't know if it's the wrap kit or they are using shoddy material since he also tells me it uses black adhesive.

So take this with a grain of salt.

jc

kustomkoncepts

I don't know how well it works since I have never used it. However, my brother in law has installed using arlon and tells me it peels back after a while. Now, I don't know if it's the wrap kit or they are using shoddy material since he also tells me it uses black adhesive.

So take this with a grain of salt.

jc

I think that because it is more aggresive and higher tac that a guy has to fight it and strech it more. I think it also then gets more memory into it and yes I have too seen it happen it can want to shrink back and curl.

I only use Arlon on Race cars wraps (flat Panels) and have not had too much problem. but on my own vehicle I used arlon on the hood and roof and 3M on my sides and the arlon is imposioble to install on a vehicle without a lot of choice words and when I was done it was so streched out of shape it curled back and the 3M on the sides even over the dooor molds was easier and still staying there.

Ponto

It's great stuff... prints well and have had good results with installation. Will be doing a Sprinter at the end of the month and will begin printing shortly...
JP

andyblackett

This all makes for interesting reading as we are taking the big plunge into wrapping this year.

We have a company here in the UK who supplies the arlon range but can someone point me in the direction of a site to download profiles? We have an SP540v ecosolmax - versaworks.

Thanks
Andy

kustomkoncepts

Do yourself a favor use 3M or Oracal this is what my Arlon GTX 4560 was printing like today. I threw this roll in the dumpster if anyone wants it. put in 3M and prints great.

Arlon is trying to do something about the static there material has in it out of the box but I have not seen any improvement yet. until then I will use Good material

Last edited:

kustomkoncepts

I've complained to FFN and Andy denied it for a year but now admits al lot of people are complaining about the same problem and it is national. arlon unofficially is trying to manufacture it in a way that it does not have so much static in it right from the box. also when installing with staticy material everything floating in the air with in 5 feet end up under this stuff too.

except for my racecars this is why I will use 3M