• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

asking for help on a mutoh falcon 48 inch

1leonchen

i have a mutoh falcon 48 outdoor and i am having a problem. i am a rookie on this fourm but things are slow that why i havent bought my membership yet. any ways back to the printer. one of the heads are not firing black one cayan and one magenta. this printer worked beautifully until i did a head wash to clean out all inks to put in brand new ink cartiages.

i have the printer pulled appart right up to the point u can see the carriage rails and the dampers. the capping station look fine and when i put cleannig fluid on it it runs through. dampers are half full. soaked the print heads and not a diffrence.

can any one diagnose this for me i am stumped and i rely want my printer to work so please help

luggnut

so you have no blk, cyan or magenta ink coming out at all? or you have dropped nozzles?

no ink at all is probably the ink lines, "o" rings ... something not get the lines primed for ink flow.

1leonchen

i have pulled all ink from alll line using a siringe. it seems as if one head is completly dead. and all the dampers are half full. also the dampers are holding preasure.

luggnut

you would probablty get more help if you posted this in the mutoh forum section. there are some very knowledgable folks there

R&L Printing

CMYK Parts.com

They have a help section that shows where the PICO Fuse goes on the mother board one of those two fuses is cooked. Trust me!:Welcome:

midnightmadman

Yes. Lock down the head onto the capping station and use your syringe on the waste lines.. if the ink pulls through then it may be something electrical.

radar

Generally when a fuse is blown on this model the printhead likely needs replacing at the same time. Could have a head cable that is arced to that left printhead which has been known to happen. As stated on previous threads the manual draw of ink through the cap when the carriage is forced over to the right and manually drawing ink with a syringe on that left cap. you get ink into your syringe and then no firing of that head for a nozzle check* you have a blown fuse or printhead or both!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The most probable cause is that the ink is not filling the head up. You should check each section of the system separately to see where the problem is. Let's assume the head is working fine. The next section in line is the cleaning station. Remove the head from the cleaning station and check it with a syringe to see if it allows air to flow freely through it. Make the same check for pump and drain lines. Also check for leakage at the pump.

Since you were working with the dampers, Make sure they are not leaking air. Do not use a wrench on the hose fittings as this will most likely result in a leak. Finger tighten only!

If you pay for membership, you will find a lot of helpful information on this subject.
Use a syringe at the waste tank line to pull the ink through....it worked for me
:Welcome: to :signs101:

BIGFOOT

Fuse?

I need help. I have a 48" mutoh falcon outdoor printer, and today in midprint it just shut off. Now it won't turn back on. I've checked all the plugs and called mutoh service and they said it may be a 6.3 slow blow fuse. They say its located by the power supply in the circuit panal box. I open the pan and I do not see the fuse. Is it incased in something? Please help. Thanks BIGFOOT

Headhunterx

Attachments

• Fuse Falcon outdoor46-62.jpg
    Fuse Falcon outdoor46-62.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 82

zgraphics

Same thing happen to my printer, one of the heads was not printing and all of a sudden the it does not want to turn on.? Dum Question? do you have to hire a tech to install a head or can you do it?