• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Atlanta Braves script font?

3CGraphics

Anyone know what font (if it is one) they use and where it might be available for purchase or download? I am not looking to do the logo, but want to do my son's and party guests name like the logo for shirts (birthday coming and he's a HUGE fan).
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Attachments

• braves.jpg
    braves.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,977

OldPaint

it is not a font...its a one off rendering with pen or ink then was kept as a logo. old hand drawn lettering like COKE-COLA, PEPSI, DAD'S OLD FASHIONED ROOT BEER are not fonts...just words....

Baz

Check out Goldsmith script from letterhead fonts. It's got the same feel.

Attachments

• goldsmithcharacters.gif
    goldsmithcharacters.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 4,875

3CGraphics

yeah, I thought it might not be a font, the letterhead Pilsner one kinda feels that way too, but the B is off a good bit, I have C names so maybe it's close enough, just hate to shell out $45 and it not work, is it any less expensive anywhere?

Thanks for the help!

Steve

jimdes

Good point OP!
If you don't have a scanner, you need to get one. I'm a "cut vinyl" kinda guy and having a scanner makes a huge impact on the graphics and some of the lettering I produce. I also have a tablet so I can "sketch" right in my applications, giant leap forward for me.

OldPaint

most old signpainters.....didnt reproduce "fonts" they made up there own. you could travel from one town to another and see what we call today "brush script" in 10 different variations...all look close but none the same. this is what you got with the BRAVES word. was done by one sign writer and you never will find a font set that is exact. iam sure you, your wife, mom dad somebody in you know has a nice writing style(mine sucks ian left handed) get a 4x5 wacom tablet like jimd says...take it right into the computer and its "your" work....not just some font.

3CGraphics

Thanks for the replies, unfortuneately I am at best challenged when it comes to free hand anything, I can't even read my own writing much less create something that would be printable. I found vitrina that looks close enough that I may be able to tweak it enough to pass, anyone know if it's in package? Since the shirts are gifts and not for sale or profit I don't feel too bad about borrowing the tomahawk, although I probably shouldn't use it without permission huh?

Bobby, the link shows a no longer available tablet, if you want to sell yours and it works with XP please let me know!

Steve

3CGraphics

Quick Samples

close enough maybe? Used screen shots as I haven't purchased the font, should be much cleaner.

Attachments

• camBraves.jpg
    camBraves.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,331
  • conbraves.jpg
    conbraves.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 979
  • cayBraves.jpg
    cayBraves.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,036