• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attn: All Flexi users - fonts not working after the Windows update

Steph_Stamm

We've taken several support calls regarding an issue where PostScript fonts have stopped working within Flexi after Windows update MS12-078.

SAi is currently testing a solution for Flexi users.

This is an important security update from Microsoft and turning off or uninstalling this update may leave your computer vulnerable. Learn more about the Windows update here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2753842.

Uninstalling this latest Windows update seems to fix the fonts problem. If you decide to uninstall the update, please know that you do so at your own risk. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...move-an-update.

Last edited by a moderator:

OADesign

Toooo funny.

I was just coming here to post about this. Thinking I would be all cool showing how to fix the problem.

I refresh the page, and you beat me to it.

I dont have many postscript fonts in my system but I have also noticed that they stoped working a few months ago. They come in invisable and no outlines. Im on Flexi 7 with Windows 7. I dont have any other issues with flexi

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This is why I always reccomend people do NOT have Windows Update set to install updates automatically. Learned in an IT career years ago, let everyone else shake down updates and patches for at least a few days.

ebenavides

We experienced the same thing. Ran a system restore to yesterday to fix. Our PC's update automatically. What a pain.

Techman

As others above have mentioned,,, it is always suggested to to turn off auto updates.

Note I did not say turn off manual updates.

In fact a while ago I said turn off auto updates and a few who thought they knew better tried to say turning off updates was among the worst of ideas.

Well here it is again. Another update that causes distress.

So, nanner nanner boo boo to the pro auto update crowd.

Also, Guess what. All my computers and my old customers are up and running fine. Not one called in alarm about some update.

visual800

Ill say it again TURN OFF ALL UPDATES. You do not need to update your computer all is does is have conflicts with programs and it bogs down your computer. People do not listen, time and time again it has been posted on here. maybe some forgot maybe some are paranoid and feel like your comp will explode if it doesnt update.

Updates are pointless

mark galoob

help

i have a win xp 32 bit and fonts dont work on it...i checked and it doesnt say it downloaded anything...?

any ideas

mark galoob
682-560-6485

omgsideburns

THIS IS EFFECTING SIGNLAB ALSO
Running Signlab 7 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Opening files, fonts are dropping out of signlab (like don't even show up). Opened up a few files this morning, made adjustments and saved them before realizing that other parts of the file had dropped out. Awesomeeeeee.

CS-SignSupply

I have one case now that involves a Windows XP 32-bit in which the PS and Opentype fonts are not being listed in the Windows Font Folder.

CS-SignSupply

Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2783534)
Published: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Version: 1.0
General Information

Executive Summary
This security update resolves one publicly disclosed vulnerability and one privately reported vulnerability in Microsoft Windows. The more severe of these vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted document or visits a malicious webpage that embeds TrueType or OpenType font files. An attacker would have to convince users to visit the website, typically by getting them to click a link in an email message that takes them to the attacker's website.

J Hill Designs

happened to me with coreldraw too - one of the updates on 12/12 had to do with OTF something something. think that was the culprit, but I uninstalled all updates that happened (there were like 4)