Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn: All Flexi users - fonts not working after the Windows update

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Steph_Stamm, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Steph_Stamm

Steph_Stamm Member

Nov 30, 2009
    We've taken several support calls regarding an issue where PostScript fonts have stopped working within Flexi after Windows update MS12-078.

SAi is currently testing a solution for Flexi users.

This is an important security update from Microsoft and turning off or uninstalling this update may leave your computer vulnerable. Learn more about the Windows update here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2753842.

Uninstalling this latest Windows update seems to fix the fonts problem. If you decide to uninstall the update, please know that you do so at your own risk. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...move-an-update.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
    Tags:
  2. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    Toooo funny.

I was just coming here to post about this. Thinking I would be all cool showing how to fix the problem.

I refresh the page, and you beat me to it.

3. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Happened to me also.

4. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Merchant Member

Thanks Steph!

5. Hfuzz132

Hfuzz132 Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Happened to us to

6. laserman70

laserman70 Premium Subscriber

Dec 25, 2007
    usa
    This new update screwed our network and all. Have worked all morning getting things back to normal. Grrrrr

7. HIGHSPEEDGRAPHIX

HIGHSPEEDGRAPHIX Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I dont have many postscript fonts in my system but I have also noticed that they stoped working a few months ago. They come in invisable and no outlines. Im on Flexi 7 with Windows 7. I dont have any other issues with flexi

8. SightLine

SightLine Premium Subscriber

This is why I always reccomend people do NOT have Windows Update set to install updates automatically. Learned in an IT career years ago, let everyone else shake down updates and patches for at least a few days.

9. ebenavides

ebenavides New Member

Dec 11, 2012
    We experienced the same thing. Ran a system restore to yesterday to fix. Our PC's update automatically. What a pain.

10. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Shut off your automatic updates and problem solved!

11. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    As others above have mentioned,,, it is always suggested to to turn off auto updates.

Note I did not say turn off manual updates.

In fact a while ago I said turn off auto updates and a few who thought they knew better tried to say turning off updates was among the worst of ideas.

Well here it is again. Another update that causes distress.

So, nanner nanner boo boo to the pro auto update crowd.

Also, Guess what. All my computers and my old customers are up and running fine. Not one called in alarm about some update.

12. asd

asd Member

Aug 13, 2007
    colorado
    thanks for the info, I was wondering what was wrong with flexi this morning

13. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Ill say it again TURN OFF ALL UPDATES. You do not need to update your computer all is does is have conflicts with programs and it bogs down your computer. People do not listen, time and time again it has been posted on here. maybe some forgot maybe some are paranoid and feel like your comp will explode if it doesnt update.

Updates are pointless

14. night eagle

night eagle Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Crowley tx
    help

i have a win xp 32 bit and fonts dont work on it...i checked and it doesnt say it downloaded anything...?

any ideas

mark galoob
    682-560-6485

15. CS-SignSupply

Please call me at 1-877-602-4237. I have a related case with 32 bit XP

16. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I had a feeling when I saw it pop up. I was cheap and didn't install.

17. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    THIS IS EFFECTING SIGNLAB ALSO
    Running Signlab 7 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Opening files, fonts are dropping out of signlab (like don't even show up). Opened up a few files this morning, made adjustments and saved them before realizing that other parts of the file had dropped out. Awesomeeeeee.

18. CS-SignSupply

I have one case now that involves a Windows XP 32-bit in which the PS and Opentype fonts are not being listed in the Windows Font Folder.

19. CS-SignSupply

Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2783534)
    Published: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
    Version: 1.0
    General Information

Executive Summary
    This security update resolves one publicly disclosed vulnerability and one privately reported vulnerability in Microsoft Windows. The more severe of these vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted document or visits a malicious webpage that embeds TrueType or OpenType font files. An attacker would have to convince users to visit the website, typically by getting them to click a link in an email message that takes them to the attacker's website.

20. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    happened to me with coreldraw too - one of the updates on 12/12 had to do with OTF something something. think that was the culprit, but I uninstalled all updates that happened (there were like 4)