• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ATV Wrap and material~ Issues with durabilty

B.Friend

Hello thought see what other people have for ideas.

Quick rundown of material and machine.

Summa DC4
B Free Mac Tac Material also tried the oracal rapid air wrap material.

We are having some issues with material and it sticking to the plastic, I just picked up my acrylic sealing pen but still the material does not stick very well.

Any Ideas are appreciated~

B.Friend
503 Signs

Flame

Um.... just quit while you're ahead and pass it along to someone else.

1. A wrap simply won't stay on a quad that gets used much.

2. You're using wrap vinyl on low energy plastic. Not gonna happen.

3. It's best to just use templates.

Convex is one of the better brands out there to use too btw. Honestly though, I don't understand why sign shops take on atv and dirt bikes. It's simply a whole different world.

Pro Image

Um.... just quit while you're ahead and pass it along to someone else.

1. A wrap simply won't stay on a quad that gets used much.

2. You're using wrap vinyl on low energy plastic. Not gonna happen.

3. It's best to just use templates.

Convex is one of the better brands out there to use too btw. Honestly though, I don't understand why sign shops take on atv and dirt bikes. It's simply a whole different world.

The same reason a dirt biker wanted to do signs............:rolleyes:

Sound like someone you know.........:Big Laugh

And don't you sell templates to sign shop to do atv and dirt bikes.......?????:doh: go figger........

Flame

The same reason a dirt biker wanted to do signs............:rolleyes:

Sound like someone you know.........:Big Laugh

And don't you sell templates to sign shop to do atv and dirt bikes.......?????:doh: go figger........

I sell equally 50/50, so I could invest in each. :) I believe I do just fine with both signage and bike graphics, but it's because I do a lot of each of them. What I can't do, I send down the road. He's doing 1 quad wrap, I did 4 this week, and 22 bikes... Now if I get a hat order. Forget it. I get a one color 18x24 order, I send them down the road. If I get a monument order... I send them to a different shop.

As far as the templates, 90% of our clients are bike graphic, standalone companies. The rest are sign shops and sign/graphic shops.