• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Automotive company decals

MiguelGonzalez

Hello guy, I got a client who request decals like the one used by big automotive brand like Yamaha, Honda, etc, the prints are thin, not laminated yet are super durable to scratching and fading. I am for sure that they are not printed in a solvent printer, what print method are genrally used for this type of decals.

Bill DiStasio

Hello guy, I got a client who request decals like the one used by big automotive brand like Yamaha, Honda, etc, the prints are thin, not laminated yet are super durable to scratching and fading. I am for sure that they are not printed in a solvent printer, what print method are genrally used for this type of decals.
UV printer will print the top coat and the plastic part can printed by a 3d printer. Just my guess.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
ROMO does them for Mercury Marine, Yamaha, Schneider Trucking etc...

They'll work with anybody, no minimums.
When I say ROMO in my head why is it in a dogs voice?
ROMO, ROMO.

karst41

Here is a Fact and Not Opinion, and this is the bench mark.

I have a client, who parks a dozen or so Cargo truck with the rear roll up doors facing West.
The wrap color is a Deep golden color. c 2 /y 95 / m 32 / k 3 these numbers are not exact but fall between
3m Imitation Gold and 3m Sunflower yellow.

After 10 years we have recorded a 1.8% wash out of the Magenta.
Think about that for a minute. 10 years Summer time West Sun blazing down on those wraps.
This has No Equal in roll to roll Printers.

HP 831 Latex Ink / 3m Ij 180 C or cv3/ 3m 8519 Luster Laminate Top heat assist at lamination.
My Guess is the only way to beat this would be with UV Inks. But I doubt it!

If there is something Better, Please let me know.

PS, s
After 10 years, the graphics are still removable friendly. The UV Laminate
keeps the 180 film and adhesive pliable. That right there is Money Saved at the back end.

Patentagosse

'Did a dk. charcoal Kenworth in 2007 with printed graphics (Roland OEM inks), client came back this summer asking to reprint doors sections because they were repainted. 'Found back the original file in one of my backups, reprinted the middle sections of the kit and BAM!!! it matched like 95% w/o any adjustment (anyway I went from SP300/ColoRIP/OEM MAX inks to VG2540/VW/OEMTR2 inks. Honestly, I was KO after noticing it takes a photographer eye to find the tinny difference. 2007 - 2021 on a big rig, dark paint color, under every natural elements, 4 seasons of eastern Canada, wash with industrial soap and steaming high pressure every weekend. 'Couldn't ask for more. Printed on Oracal 3951G + 290G
#teamRoland
#teamOracal

Attachments

• Joly_rep porte.jpg
    Joly_rep porte.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 177