• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Sw900 Yellow on a Maroon Vehicle

formanek

I have used sw900 more than once but never with a dark vehicle base and putting a light color on top. This maroon Tahoe I am putting the Sw900 yellow on makes the yellow darker when installed. NOT opaque like when the white backing material is on it. Also IF I need to overlap a seam the yellow then becomes opaque on that overlap and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Is this normal when switching from a dark base and putting a light color on top with the Avery Sw900? I am not asking for someone to tell me to use 3M, etc... and get into a material war. I am asking if I got a bad roll of Sw900 because I can tell that the base color is dark through the yellow wrap.

Attached is an image showing one layer vs. two.

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 64

heyskull

Yes that is fairly normal on all vinyls especially onto such a dark base colour.
Some colours are worse than others and that yellow onto maroon is a pretty dead certain for a shade change.
As for the overlapping issues, I guess their is not an answer if it has to overlap.
I would get the client in to show them the issue before continuing and explain this is an issue with applying to such a dark colour.

SC