• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back in the biz.

uneedasign

Hello all. I have been looking at signs 101 for a few months and I must say I really like the comunity feeling. I was in the traffic sign business for about 16 years. I got burnt and tried my hand at being a construction superintendant for a few years. But now I am back in the biz, and though much has changed, much is still the same. (except for the old gerber supersprint I use to use) My main customer base seems to be construction vehicles & equipment. Bla Bla I am talking too much. Glad to be a member, and I am sure I will come up with a thought pravoking question soon. ( I have included a pic of one of my first jobs, hope you like) Hay where is the spell check button?
:thankyou:

Attachments

• PICT0040a.jpg
    PICT0040a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 195

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Welcome to the boards. thanx for the nice comments. Glad to see you got the activation figured out.

Nice looking job.

Believe it or not the forum software used to have a spell checker. For whatever reason, according the the publisher, it caused a lot of crahes and conflicts so they discontinued it. I use Dictionary.com which is tied into my Firefox browser for spell checking. I just highlight a word, right click and Dictionary.com will look it up.

WVB

Fred are you using a toolbar for this such as dictionary.com toolbar? I use Firefox myself however if I right click on a highlighted word I do not have an option to check spelling. Wondering how to set mine up for this. Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's an extension for FireFox that you can download/install from this page:

Dictionary Search Extension

When you click the Install icon, it acts like it isn't doing anything because the file is only 60K. After you install it, highlight any word on a web page and right click it. The menu should include a choice the says Dictionary Search for xxx. Clicking it should launch Dictionary.com in a new tab and show the results of a search on the highlighted word.