• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit sign print on EPSON GS6000 help/question

Rage Wraps

Hey guys I have a question about backlit prints with a EPSON GS6000. The last one I did was a little washed out. I am looking for input on what others have done and what you recommend.

Thanks for your input.

sfr table hockey

How big is the backlit?

I made a post about doing a layer on clear and then laying the second layer of translucent on top as a lot of others have said. But instead of trying to line things up and trying to lay it even as possible, I asked about using registration marks. Print the first layer on clear with the reg. marks. Then lay the translucent vinyl over top of the clear print but do no cover the reg. marks. Put back in to the printer and send the print again so it prints overtop. I can see doing a large backlit would be harder with the amount of media rolling in and out with reading the marks.

Also am trying something. I have used SLB7 for indoor backlits and it looks great. It is a waterbased media but I laminated it and used clear adheasive to mount it to the lexan and at night it looks quite good. I can try to take some pics if needed. No idea how long it will last outdoors so I may be doing it over. It was only a 2'x6' so not a big deal.

Rage Wraps

Colorburst
In the past I have done a double print or second pass, but I don't see anything in the rip where I can do that. I really don't want to have to print anything twice and try to line up graphics. That would be a pain in the *** with this sign.

scenicorp

I have had the same problem and Color Burst, at least the version that comes with the Epson, doesn't give you a way to double hit the material. Fought with this for a couple years and now have Onyx which gives more control over the amount of ink deposited.