• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad print with Roland CJ500 soljet

matejgt

Hello!
Greting to all! I am new here.
I hope you will help me! I just bought an Roland CJ500 converted to Soljet! I bought it in another country, so I didnt receive much instructions how to use!
Please help me to answer the following questions?

- When instal colorchoice, which printer must select "CJ500" or "SC500"?
- When search an icc profile, it must be for "CJ500" or "SC500"?
- Where can I find the corect icc profile?

I am instaling the printer as CJ500, but when I print an file (no matter what), the output result is very bad! I get the best result when in "colorchoice" in "icc output profile" select "spot color"! Only in this case I get a nice mix color (there are no chips in paint)!
When I try an print test, some dots are missing, but I think is not this a problem for that results!
I used an ECO SOL MAX ink (CYMK)!

Here is a print result..............
........................... and sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• dots.jpg
    dots.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 125
  • bad clipart.jpg
    bad clipart.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 100
  • bad clipart 1.jpg
    bad clipart 1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 100
  • bad photo.jpg
    bad photo.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 95
  • bad photo 1.jpg
    bad photo 1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 73

tomence

Use the profiles for the SC500 and also you can install your printer as SC500. Also do you have heaters installed on this printer.

matejgt

And here is a print result when in "colorchoice" in "icc output profile" select "spot color"!

Thanks

Attachments

• with spot color.jpg
    with spot color.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 116
  • with spot color 1.jpg
    with spot color 1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 53
  • with spot color 2.jpg
    with spot color 2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 105

matejgt

Use the profiles for the SC500 and also you can install your printer as SC500. Also do you have heaters installed on this printer.
Yes, the heaters is instaled, and the temperature is set around 40 degrees celsius!

sfr table hockey

Yes like was said, install as a SC500 so that color choice will give you the profiles for solvent printing. Also make sure you have the settings as CMYKlclm and not just CMYK. From there a pile of things will change the look of your prints from input profiles to output profiles to what media you print on as well as heat.

I found that the output profile WTBM in super worked on a lot of things. I also found that a matte vinyl will print a lot nicer and easier than gloss.

You might want the service manual and be able to repair things on your own when needed. You might need to align the printheads if you are getting banding in fine 2 or super as if things are set right you should not see banding on the better print settings. A way to test is to print the same image in uni direction and then in bi direction and if there is a difference then you need to do some alignment test prints and view them with a magnifying glass.

You might also be able to recover the missing lines in the test prints. It all helps with getting a real good print. Make sure you have cleaning fluid on hand. You will use it often.

Also check where the drain lines are coming from to the drain bottle. The CJ500 (being waterbased) had very thin drain lines that will plug easily if they are the ones being used. Most guys will run the line right from the pump to the drain bottle and just move the bottle to the front and hang it right infront just under the pump. I also take the cover off ( the ones covering up the capping station and print heads ) and always have that area open to see what is going on and be able to wipe the wipper blade after every cleaning. Helps it so that it does not get things pasted together with ink.

matejgt

For now I havent got the lc and lm cartidge, so I use just CMYK! I try a few setting (change on sc500, change a icc profile, change media, feed correction, bidirectional correction .....), but the result is alweys similar, only when setting in output profile "spot color" it looking better!
Where I culd find the service manual for CJ500 or SC500?
Thanks

Msrae

Rae
I am also having problems with missing bands/areas in my test print. Both on my magenta and the black. I have done a thorough manual cleaning as well as medium clean and one heavy clean. Still get drop out in the same area each time.

I would love to know where to get a hold of a repair manual. If anyone has one, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Rachel