• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Band Logo

HaroldDesign

I'm trying for a new simplistic logo/symbol for my band "A Line Between". For various things I'll wrap the circle in copy, but I thought it may be a good idea to see what 'yall thought of where I'm going with it. I know you're brutal. That's why I'm asking.
:Big Laugh

Attachments

• ALB_2.jpg
    ALB_2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 84

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Looks somewhat like a face. Trim the "decender" from the "B", and trim back the "A" to match. The overhang is way to much.

Maybe bring the "L" down to bottoms of "A" & "B".

HaroldDesign

Looks somewhat like a face. Trim the "decender" from the "B", and trim back the "A" to match. The overhang is way to much.

Maybe bring the "L" down to bottoms of "A" & "B".
Good idea. I did start to play on the face thing, though, as that's what it started looking like given the shape & letters. That's a good way to get away from that. You have me thinking now it's almost "cute".
:thankyou:

artbot

first one, use lower case "L" and connect the top and bottom. don't worry if it really has a readability. trying to make it spell something just isn't rock and roll.

(think of the toyota, mercedes, etc, are shapes that represent a brand. let your logo do that.)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Foul ball....

How do I know if the center charcter is an "I", "T"...and the last character...could be another "A".

HaroldDesign

Foul ball....

How do I know if the center charcter is an "I", "T"...and the last character...could be another "A".
You don't. Doesn't matter. I'm sticking with the bottom right. There will be copy on whatever poster, flyer or whatever it appears. It's a symbol. Thank you Artbot! :clapping:

HaroldDesign

Are you guys on this team? I couldn't find that anywhere. What is the team's actual name?

Now that you mention it I agree it looks like a ball of sorts, but it also looks like the initials ALB within a circle. For my band it's a great symbol, and any similarities are purely coincidental. Besides, what I've done with it is mine & the band's now.

:wink:

You should come to a show...

HaroldDesign

Here's how it looks on a flyer.
Rip me up! I'll be disappointed if you don't!

Attachments

• ALB_4_2_UpUnder.jpg
    ALB_4_2_UpUnder.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 66

Mosh

It looks like a WW2 airborne patch, I like the concept...work on the details like these guys on here say.
The flyer looks good.

HaroldDesign

Yah - I'm not sold on the font at all, but I intend to use the symbol without the name beneath. I think the symbol could use distressing and such for things that those effects are be appropriate for, but want the symbol to be something that can stand alone and look good with or without knowing what the hell it is or stands for. No fancies for the base. It will develop!

artbot

that looks pretty sweet. good job. the translucent ribbon might be distracting from it. but seriously. there's a lot of a bad design out there. and this is a good design. very professional.

HaroldDesign

Thank you , No really - THANK YOU for your suggestions.
I thought that also about the ribbons. There's actually a lot of garbage going on with the ribbons (things I left in on accident) that once I deleted kind of took away from the overall feel. It seems the distracting elements play as a point of interest.
Thanks again there artbot!!!!!!