• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Install HELP

Tony Rome

Hello all!
Need some ideas here.
Looking to install a banner for a diner that is opening and they want it to fit in the top two rows of windows (see pic reference) How could I hang the banner there without drilling into the existing brick or window frames? This is just to say OPENING SOON! So it will be up for a few months only.
Any idea how to hang this?
Thanks!

Attachments

• diner.jpg
    diner.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 191
Is using vinyl out of the question? We've used Oracal 631 lettering in similar temporary window ad situations and it holds up extremely well. In one situation it was on the windows for over 12 months and it looked as good as the day we installed it, and came off just about as easy it it went on.

bannertime

I'd agree that temporary window lettering is the way to go. Get some low tac print graphics, cut the letters out of it like it was cut vinyl, mask, and install. Make sure to prespace those letter separations, makes it much easier.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i agree with the vinyl on the windows. it will look tasteful
that size of banner will be cumbersome and need some heavy duty anchors which you cant get with out going into the brick.
but if you choose to go into the brick you can later sell them promotional banners to hang up there

Tony Rome

I really appreciate all the help! I am going out to look at it in person tomorrow and I have narrowed it down to vhb tape or the vinyl in each window.
Thanks you guys are a huge help!

NazGraphics

i personally would not recommended suction cups the wont hold for 3 months that glass window will get hot and u probably will have to reattach it every other day and dont forget the wind
if you dont want to anchor it i recommend....make and use something like a shower curtain rod spring loaded or threaded and run it true the banner pockets (tension rods)

Last edited:

bannertime

i personally would not recommended suction cups

Agreed, we used them for a 4x20 banner, one 6in suction cup every few feet. It barely lasted a few days. Besides, if top one falls and swings into a lower window it could cause damage, or the whole thing just blows away.

There is nothing wrong with screwing into the brick. In fact, it's an excellent sales tool actually. Do some good Tapcon or concrete anchor points, setup a template for that specific install and sell them a new banner every few months.

ikarasu

Window perf if you want a full white / red background... Or even printed vinyl.

If they're ok with just the letter... go with cut vinyl. For something like that, we'd probably recommend window perf though. Sell them on a logo of their store in the top windows, and an "Opening soon" in the mid set of windows.

d fleming

i personally would not recommended suction cups the wont hold for 3 months that glass window will get hot and u probably will have to reattach it every other day and dont forget the wind
if you dont want to anchor it i recommend....make and use something like a shower curtain rod spring loaded or threaded and run it true the banner pockets (tension rods)
I said inside not outside in the wind. Large sized cups in large quantity will work. At least from my experience.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
We have done large banners at mall entrances.
Banner needs to be heavy duty. Edges need to be hemmed with extra webbing in it.
Heavy duty velcro every 2-3 ft. ( 4-5 inch pieces should be ok)
We do drill in to the 4 corners just for security. only 4 self tapping screws.

Never failed. You will need pliers (!!!) to take off the velcro pieces from the window. The velcro I am talking about is about 2 inches wide.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I have done these for a Toyota dealership on their glass wall...Nothing to drill into. I tried suction cups but they sucked! I used VHB and it worked well! It came off pretty easy using a flat blade on the glass.

Tony Rome

OK, so the customer is choosing to do the windows with removable vinyl as Billct2 recommended (Thank you for the pic).
So my question, what type of Vinyl would you guys use? It will go on the outside of the windows and will be up for exactly 2 months.
I have enough PhotTex in stock, wondering if that would work but I don't laminate that, not sure if that would be an issue for 2 months. Have no idea how that holds up in weather, guess I will give them a call.
So advice on what vinyl, I want it to come off easy because it will be cold when I go back and I am not trying to deal with removing residue.
THANKS!!!

BTW, the banner would have has to be stuck to the metal framing not the glass and I was afraid the vhb tape would leave some discoloration and they would not be OK with that.

Johnny Best

BigFish has a product that has tiny suction cups on it that can be printed on and peels right off without any residue.
I use it for Aluminum body Ford trucks instead of magnet material, Holds up really well in the weather.
Give BigFish a call