• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Print Quality Issues

AlishaP

This is "ready2print" pregrommeted and prehemmed banner material.

This was printed
Blockout
Max Impact
Error Diffusion
Bi Cubic
Uni Direction.

I have tried changing the print profile,
I have used multiple print presets,
I have tried printing multiple different images. All have been high quality designs out of illistrator and ripped in versaworks.

Every single time I have banner material poking through the design and it looks dreadful.

Please help me with my settings! I just want a nice thick vibrant layer of ink without it looking used

Attachments

• 20210813_101922.jpg
    20210813_101922.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 363

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't know, but if that is the same material as what is hanging behind the guy in the demo video your output might be as good as it gets.
banner.jpg

Like Pauly said most of these issues are caused by the material. I ran some matte 13 oz off a roll I have for a month or 2 and it printed fine before but yesterday I noticed that it was hard to pull through the printer.
The material somehow welded its self together (in a climate-controlled room) and printed terribly.
The idea of the ready 2 print seems good but you could not pay me to have my printhead pass over metal grommets during a banner print. Banner head strikes can happen even when everything is set up correctly.
Hitting the edge of a grommet would most likely total the head.

Inks

Possibly plasticizer migration, it happens when material is past its shelf life, stored poorly. Have also seen it with some banner materials when printed with a latex printer. Is it possible the welded and grommeted material sits around longer at the suppliers?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
While that product looks interesting.
wouldn’t it be easier if you use a normal banner stock. And use banner hem tape to fold the edges. A cheap eyelet press to eyelet it.

sooner or later you’ll catch a print head

Z SIGNS

Never understood the reason for putting a hem on banners. Why bother it does not make it look any better.

Superior_Adam

Never understood the reason for putting a hem on banners. Why bother it does not make it look any better.
Stronger edge for grommets and no frayed edges. I guess if you can get by with it that is great. Nobody around my area would go for that. It looks cheap and unfinished. I do have a no hem material that I use for small 2x3 senior banners and such but that is it.

AlishaP

Thank you all for your advice and support!
I have switched out from this Ready2Print material to tranditional banner material invested in a grommeter and the print quality issues are truly night and day! Either this was a bad batch of banner or its a terrible quality product!
Traditional banner, hem and grommets for the win!