• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Printing

p3

Well I just purchased a 54" roll of banner material through fellers. I was wondering if you guys have had a problem with the core on the materials being too long. It won't fit in my 54" mutoh printer. Is this normal? Seems like a p.i.t.a if I have to trim the core down a 1/4 or so everytime just to be able to print.

p3

Also, I have only had small rolls of banner material that were print side out. How do you go about printing on something print side in? Do you just load it in and feed it from the bottom, or do you use the front roller and re-roll it onto another core.

gabagoo

Well I just purchased a 54" roll of banner material through fellers. I was wondering if you guys have had a problem with the core on the materials being too long. It won't fit in my 54" mutoh printer. Is this normal? Seems like a p.i.t.a if I have to trim the core down a 1/4 or so everytime just to be able to print.

I have never bought banner material with the core longer than the material. Better have a talk with your supplier cause thats BS.
I think anyone would have a problem with that.

p3

Yea, its messed up. I trimmed it down cause I gotta get some banners done over the weekend. I think it will be alright. I just need to get it figured out as far as which way to feed it or how to go about that.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What model of 54" Mutoh do you have?
I have a 1304 and the max weight for a roll is 42 pounds.
It has little plastic hangers that look well engineered but not too heavy duty.
A full roll of 54"x50m 13oz is closer to 70lbs.
I didn't want to spin off half the new roll onto an old core to reduce the weight.
Instead I put the full roll on the take up reel, fed it up back wards over an empty core(loaded in the back of the printer) and printed off 80ft without any issues.
The take up reel looks like it is made to work with the larger 64" machines and can handle a full roll easily.
Don't know if this will help but there is much more room for a longer core on the take up reel end.

wayne k
guam usa

saktrnch

What printer do you have? I have a Mutoh, and I have to roll off 30 or 40 feet on a reverse wound banner so it won't hit the plug in the back.

Circleville Signs

That's a FANTASTIC idea Wayne. I've been baning my head against the wall with cores too long on banner material. And it isn't just Fellers. Grimco does it too. I've been bitching to them that they need to put a note in their catalogs saying that their banner material is nto compatible with the Mutoh 1304!

jiarby

i removed the left tightener for this reason! Now I just tighten the right one which is on the OUTSIDE.

sjm

That sucks, this sort of ties in why if you sell wholesale to make sure you consider waste or consider charging a rush charge.

:rock-n-roll:

p3

Wayne, Thanks for the Brilliant Idea. Just loaded up the banner material and am about to start printing. The only thing I was wondering about, which I think its going to be fine, but its kind of hard to pull the material through the machine.

gabagoo

These banners are made for digital printing? I can't understand how they can be sold with cores to long?

I would have trouble on my Mimaki for the same reasons!

Last edited:

jiarby

I noticed that my Jetflex this time was on an obersized tube. Makes aligning the pickup roll tricky to get just right. The tube on the pickup is exactly 63".