• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner roof tarps?

jimbug72

Have a guy who has a "Handy Man" company that is really starting to take off locally. He was wanting to get some large tarps with his logo printed on them for advertising on jobs requiring roof repairs.

I didn't really dig any deeper than a couple of quick searches on ASI, but I wasn't able to find anyone that does custom printed tarps. I was wondering if there would be an acceptable billboard banner material that would function & hold up as well as a standard tarp for this type of application.

In my weak mind it seems like maybe a 13oz scrim banner might do the trick but I'm sure there could be all kinds issues I'm too dense to imagine.

Any input appreciated!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would probably look for canvas tarps..... then paint or screen print them. Using banner material will probably rip it to shreds when he's trying to fit it over top of something and it catches all over the place. Especially if he wants to use it more than once.

jimbug72

Thanks for that insight Gino. I'm not sure if they use special types of tarps for roofs or just your standard "heavy duty" fare. Without putting them through any kind of stress test like that just based on feel, I was hoping heavier banner material might be just as functional but I didn't consider the friction/abrasion aspect shredding the banner easier than a tarp material.

I will definitely dive a bit deeper into a canvas tarp option. We haven't really discussed a budget, but I have a sneaking suspicion that may slide it out of the dollar amount he's willing to spend. If so I guess he'll just have to use regular unbranded tarps like all of the other bums around here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, I see lotsa roofers using those cheap blue tarps and if left to their own, hold up fairly decent over a long period of time, but again, only one use. Why not just print out a logo for him and just mount it on whatever tarp he chooses, considering the tarp will bond with a decal ??