• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner shipping tube

TresL

I have a customer wanting plastic banner shipping tubes.
50" long or so.

They will be shipping the same banners around multiple times a year and want some thing a little more sturdy than a carboard tube.

I know, I tried to sell them on just replacing the cardboard as needed, but they want plastic.

TIA for any help.

and no a 50" long section of drain from Home Depot won't work. :)

Rooster

Check out Uline.com. They have a ton of options for shipping tubes and boxes.

Opt out of their catalogue if you get the chance though. They send a 3-400 page catalogue to you every month it seems.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
What a PITA... I'm guessing he doesn't want to use PVC because it will weigh a good bit more than cardboard or "plastic". But for the size you are telling us about I don't think they will have a good quality plastic tube that will be any lighter than PVC. And there are several types of PVC, maybe not at Home Depot but at a real plumbing shop. I would just stop in and ask them for the best and lightest PVC available.

Personally I would just find a good cardboard tube and replace it as needed as others have suggested. It will be the cheapest and depending on how they make it even better than any thin plastic tube. I've received many "promo" t-shirts and other stuff in the mail in a thin plastic tube and they are almost always broken to some degree. I doubt whatever you find that makes your customer happy initially will last very long and then they will complain about that.

just my $.02

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Pat that is cool!

I can't wait to hear if he will pay $200-300 for a "plastic" shipping tube ;-)

Billct2

Use one of the boxes that your media comes in. Oracal boxes are pretty sturdy.
Wrap it with some scrap vinyl, throw his logo on it, he'll be happy.

ESBG

yazoo mills has a heavy duty line which is just that. we've been using some of the same tubes for years and they're no worse for the wear.