• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners, windows, shirts etc. for franchises like "Pruvit" "31" "Tupperware" etc.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Lots going on there, but I have to ask:

You're working day to day, files coming in all the time. Some tupperware lady comes in and wants some signage, provides you files (raster, vector, who cares...).
What do YOU do as a professional to reasonably research the lawfulness of you printing this customers stuff?

Your example about a Disney character... I don't know what a Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm character looks like. I don't watch cartoons or superhero movies, I'm busy trying to work. How am I supposed to know what is legal to print?

I would say all quotes/invoices should say "customer owns all supplied artwork... etc..etc.."
It would be poor legal advice to recommend this approach, but maybe good practical advice. I don't walk down the street in fear of a safe falling out of a window and crushing me.