• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Barcode text changing with media profile change - Onyx 19

Goatshaver

Just wondering if this is normal for this text to change when you change the media profile. Didn't think switching to a different media would alter this text.

Attachments

• 20230517_132556.jpg
    20230517_132556.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 20230517_132607.jpg
    20230517_132607.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 78

JBurton

Signtologist
Makes since, if your printing on a thin cast material and a reflective material, you'll want to set up your plotter differently for each.

netsol

Just wondering if this is normal for this text to change when you change the media profile. Didn't think switching to a different media would alter this text.
isn't that just a change of dpi?
if one profile is a different resolution (difference between standard & high quality it would be like when one of my clients
sends to a 203 dpi zebra printer instead of a 300 dpi

Goatshaver

Makes since, if your printing on a thin cast material and a reflective material, you'll want to set up your plotter differently for each.
I don't switch between media very often and just stuck out because it was much larger. Didn't think it would affect that, but I get that it might be that resolution change of the profile.
They are both 720x1440 although the dot pattern is different between the two and one is HQ and the other is not.

Goatshaver

Question about profiles. The IJ40 Profile was one that Onyx pulled from the printer and the other above came from the 3M site. The IJ40 is contone and the 3M download is stochastic. There is a dramatic difference in black screens just from running a couple tests. It's been a long time since I've really explored color settings to revamp my flow a bit. The ones pulled from the printer (IJ40) don't have linearizations, Ink limiting profiles, etc....just and ICC. Where the one I downloaded from 3M has all of those things.

Is the one pulled from the print just printing at a general max density?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 54