• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

barrell wrap

WOODBS

I did some of these last year with cast material, just wondered what you guys thought of me using 3165ra/210? The event is only a weekend deal..

Attachments

• DSC01904.JPG
    DSC01904.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 121

BadAss

For a weekend deal use cheaper calendered media and no need to laminate. We have done a few that way with the Sand Drags out here....M*

ProWraps

for two day event, use the cheapest crap that will stick. all rules go out the window for stuff that short term.

ProWraps

if removal isnt a part of the equation, then no lam would be fine. if removal is a factor, then again, use the cheapest junk you can find.

BadAss

Hell, we used 651 on a trash can wrap, no lam. It isn't any more difficult to remove then die cut . Since it is the same vinyl, just printed on...M*

WOODBS

i'm just thinking of the install..no removal. i did the last one's in 3 vertical panels..with 1/2" overlap..

javila

That sounds like the right combo.

Nobody that has posted has apparently tried to apply unlaminated prints.

BadAss

Javilla,
Read the posts. My first one and the others, say we do not lam on something like that....M*

deegrafix

If you get a heavy material, 3-4 mil like busmark, it's not so hard to install. Won't like the ribs much, but for only a couple days, and cheap.....

WOODBS

Do you premask if using no lam? These are done on a 30" printer so they are 3 vertical panels...

k6media

for something like this short term I would print on styrene and then wrap it around the bin and have double sided tape hold it together..

trimitbyrich

If you dont want to laminate just use a thicker vinyl, there are many wout there that are 3 plus mil and do not need any lamiantion to be easy to install

Typestries

+1 for styrene on the flatbed!
Or even 13oz banner

a 2" overlap with 2 strips of banner tape does the trick very well. Keeps labor down and allows you to sell at the ridiculously low price the client expects to pay for a trash can!

We have even printed sheets of coroplast that were cut and formed into a can liner holder, sorta like making a barrel to hold a bag, out of coro.