• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Before and after biz card to sign design

SignManiac

An old skydiving buddy of mine and his wife are opening side by side offices in a condo office complex. They sent me their business cards and let me have free rein with the design. Only stipulation was size do to condo association rules.

These should look really nice next to their doors... Here's the before and after.

Attachments

• keith.jpg
    keith.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 62
  • keith-2.jpg
    keith-2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 53

ucmj22

looks good. Im not sure I like the plane being on there though. I understand it was on the business card, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with her business (speculation) and might be confusing.

Jillbeans

Like night and day, Bob.
But not digging the italic in the bottom font on the Accounting & Services panel.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

Good call Jill. That one issue I kept struggling with. I think I'll take a gamble and change it from italic to straight. I bet they won't even notice the change. As for the plane, she has her pilots license and flys to see some of her accounts. She said that was the one thing she really wanted to have on the sign.

I won't be changing anything as it's been approved as is and already paid for!

ucmj22

Good call Jill. That one issue I kept struggling with. I think I'll take a gamble and change it from italic to straight. I bet they won't even notice the change. As for the plane, she has her pilots license and flys to see some of her accounts. She said that was the one thing she really wanted to have on the sign.

I won't be changing anything as it's been approved as is and already paid for!

Makes sense then.

SignManiac

I actually just finished printing them. I nixxed the italic line on the bottom as per Jills suggestion and used new backgrounds on both signs.

Attachments

• Keith & Gwen Larrett.jpg
    Keith & Gwen Larrett.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 56

Pinfinity

SM...I'm sure you know by now how much I admire your work! Top shelf Always! BUT...I want to express my views on your biz card layouts.

When viewing the overall look of both designs, the heavy scalloped border seems to steal the show from the content. It appears to be a bit overwhelming in my view.

Also, the initial cap in Syzygy appears to be extremely bold in relation to the rest of the text...I also have a hard time making out both phone numbers. great use of negative space though!

SM, I know I'm only grasshopper...just my 2 cents

SignManiac

SM...I'm sure you know by now how much I admire your work! Top shelf Always! BUT...I want to express my views on your biz card layouts.

When viewing the overall look of both designs, the heavy scalloped border seems to steal the show from the content. It appears to be a bit overwhelming in my view.

Also, the initial cap in Syzygy appears to be extremely bold in relation to the rest of the text...I also have a hard time making out both phone numbers. great use of negative space though!

SM, I know I'm only grasshopper...just my 2 cents

Pin, these are not business cards. They are office wall signs next to a door and each one measures 30"h. X 40"w. There won't be any problem reading them.

Pinfinity

WOW! sorry man... biz card or billboard...layout is layout only expressing my view... did not mean to offend you in any way! just expressing my view when I first looked at the designs...when I do a squint view, the border seems to conflict with the content, and the phone numbers are hard to read...must be my browser...my apologies

Custom_Grafx

I keep repeating Syzygy in my head and keep getting different pronunciations each time lol. How do you say that???

Very nice upgrade from their previous designs!