• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beginner question....I don't know anything

JoySigns

Hey Biznitch,
If you are just cutting stripes I don't know why you would create anything in photoshop. You can't create cuts in a raster and then just convert. It is more efficient to simply create the original in your vector program. Also, when you are practicing on vinyl you can reduce the graphics size by at least 50-70% before cutting (depending on the original size) and that will save you from wasting vinyl but you will still learn the ropes.

futuredcon

It's good to maintain your secretive nature, because if I actually knew who or where you were, I would come find you with that $1200 in cash that you talked smack on before.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post412798 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>futuredcon
user_online.gif
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_412798", true); </SCRIPT>
Preppie

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Aug 2008

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_412798><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by zmatalucci
A guy ordered some banners, and I never dealt with him before. So I told him I want payment, up front, in cash.
Wa La!
He's a keeper!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
What's the point in taking a picture of a few bundles of mostly $1 bills and posting it. Do you feel like you are a player now? Wow big time business person we have here.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hey Zeth. Would you like me to inform you of details so you can come pay a visit .Not too far from you actually.Maybe we could meet half way how does that sound. And i have a question for you , when you do find me what do you propose you would do huh? Oh now we have a Gangster in the house. Do yourself a favor big shot, stop acting all tuff and go make a few banners or coro signs.

Lunatic Taskbar

welcome from Nova Scotia.

The best way someone described a vector on here (sorry who ever you was, I can't recall to give you full credit) but they said it was like a coloring book. Simple lines. Where as a raster is like a photo.

So if you think in those terms it makes it a little easier to comprehend. But with that said you can still get confused by creating what looks like simple lines in a program like photoshop and it still won't work.

If you don't yet have a vector program, could I suggest searching for InkScape, its very like Illustrator and is free. if you search on this forum there is a lot of links to the downloads in there.

What the cutter in essence does is it follows the lines of the image and cuts on the lines.

This is an outstanding forum with out standing people.

Welcome again.

zmatalucci

"Hey Zeth. Would you like me to inform you of details so you can come pay a visit .Not too far from you actually.Maybe we could meet half way how does that sound. And i have a question for you , when you do find me what do you propose you would do huh? Oh now we have a Gangster in the house. Do yourself a favor big shot, stop acting all tuff and go make a few banners or coro signs."

Nobody threatened violence did they? I was merely stating that I would like to meet you, and perhaps take your mother out to dinner.:corndog:

futuredcon

Why would you like to meet me? And why on earth would you like to take my Mother out for dinner when you don't know either of us.That doesn't make any sense to me at all.
????

futuredcon

uh oh.If that be the case i don't think you would have any interest in my Mother and i would have to keep my back well and truely parked up against the wall and not bend over to pick anything up.....Mr nice Guy.

doublesky

Hi Biznitch. Welcome from CA.
Anything you want to cut has to be vector, so design cut files in illustrator or corel.
Good Luck. Research!

hammered

Hi Biz. Welcome. Youll have to excuse the children running and playing, they do that here sometimes. As stated before, theres some really great tutorals on Utube and the like. And you will find that most the CC Adult classes in any of the Adobe stuff is pretty straight forward. Id buy some cheapo vinyl to practice on. This way you wont feel bad when you mess it up, its what youve got it for. Practice material conservation, weeding and really put your mind to knowing your pricing. Nothing like doing a good job only to find out the hard way you underbid the work. Reading the posts here are some of the best ways to learn. The answers are here, you just need to know the right questions to search for. And dont let the hardass attitude get you, theres some damn good people here.

D&Tgraphics

futuredcon,
whoa, what the hell crawlled up your butt and died? Most of your posts are bashing someone. What's the point of coming on here just to be an a**hole?

futuredcon

futuredcon,
whoa, what the hell crawlled up your butt and died? Most of your posts are bashing someone. What's the point of coming on here just to be an a**hole?
Ok you got me stumped there D&T.
I will just sit back and keep my mouth shut and my AS*HOLE well and truely closed and just observe.
I am so so sorry if i offended you or anyone else.:ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you both get off of here with your nonsense and let this person get their questions answered and keep the frickin' crap out of it so the OP can make some sense out of the decent posts ??

Try using the PM you guys/girls..............

D&Tgraphics

You don't have to keep your mouth shut and just observe, but you just come off like your so pissed off at the world and your taking it out on us. What gives? There are a lot of great people on this forum and it's like a big family and there's no reason to come in here right off the start and start blazing people. Didn't your mom teach you to play nice with others?

futuredcon

Why don't you both get off of here with your nonsense and let this person get their questions answered and keep the frickin' crap out of it so the OP can make some sense out of the decent posts ??

:bushmill: Here have one on me actually make it :bushmill:X 12

futuredcon

You don't have to keep your mouth shut and just observe, but you just come off like your so pissed off at the world and your taking it out on us. What gives? There are a lot of great people on this forum and it's like a big family and there's no reason to come in here right off the start and start blazing people. Didn't your mom teach you to play nice with others?
:ROFLMAO: your so funny

futuredcon

U lot are so easy to wind up.I have a question for you so called PRO'S.Do you actually do any work or are you just glued to this site all day long.

D&Tgraphics

Your right Gino. My bad. It just gets me riled up when someone comes on here and is an instant A-Hole to everyone. I'll buy you a beer at the meet. :toasting::Big Laugh

futuredcon

Your right Gino. My bad. It just gets me riled up when someone comes on here and is an instant A-Hole to everyone. I'll buy you a beer at the meet. :toasting::Big Laugh

Will you buy me a beer at the meet too.I think i may be coming along to see all you people that is if i am permited to.:signs101: yaaaaay its the best sign forum in the whole wide world yippeeeee.

synergy_jim

welcome....

I don't mean to slam anyone, but it amazes me how many people just buy a plotter and software and try to make it in the vinyl / sign business.

There is no other business except for maybe lawn mowing where so many untrained people just run out and buy equipment and wing it.

I think I will go buy a few craftsmen wrenches tomorrow and start a car repair shop....