• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

beginning to hate flexi

BadAss

YES!!!
I was going to post on the guy who got kicked off the site for having Flexi for sale for $200 . I think it's not even worth that... You would think for the kind of money they charge for a software, they would make sure all the bugs were out and it should worked flawlessly. If not don't come out with a new version... We have found so many bugs in it I should change my career to an entomologist... M*

WOODBS

well, i just went thru 3 days of uninstalling 8.0 and reinstalling 8.1....ooohhh .1 must be waaaayyy better.

P

ProWraps™

well, glad to read this post. im glad we didnt purchase flexi. photoprint 6 upgrade and cs3 seems to be the way to go. would have been sucky to waste all that cash.

choucove

It could be the version of flexi perhaps. I know that version 8.1 has a lot higher system requirements than version 7.6 . There are a lot of other possible causes, such as what other programs you have open, the size of the file, even your antivirus software. But perhaps the biggest question is what version you are running and your computer specifications.

P

ProWraps™

is it freezing on load, or is it when you open a large file? could be like stated above, just needs more ram! feed the beast!

Todd Jelle

Sorry to jump on this one ...but here we go again.
Flexi is a good program but whoa...it is full of problems & bugs.
for all its hype it should be miles ahead of corel but in truth its not.
Its a mediocre sign program in my experience & I have the experience!
Its full of good & bad, I can't begin to mention the bad, as for the good it does work well for cutting vinyl & printing from production manager but even that needs improvement.
Why should version 8 need so much more ram, etc..
I want to know I have it but haven't upgraded from 7.6v2 because no upgrade to date has really addressed the issues that just drive me crazy doing daily work.
They keep adding stuff without fixing problems that previously existed.
& you know what
" I REALLY DON"T THINK THEY CARE!" as long as they take some more of my money$$$$

S

Sign-Man Signs

Been using Flexi since 6.0 days. Never brothered to use Corel always thought it was hokey. Flexi has issues, sure but what software doesn't. Anybody says theirs run perfect all the time is full of bull. We run Flexi 8.0 on stand alone E-machines bumped up to 1gig ram, XP Professional. Other than the occasional "program as experianced an unrecoverable error and must close" I like Flexi. Good RIP and easy font designing. Just my 2 cents.

Todd Jelle

Been using Flexi since 6.0 days. Never brothered to use Corel always thought it was hokey. Flexi has issues, sure but what software doesn't. Anybody says theirs run perfect all the time is full of bull. We run Flexi 8.0 on stand alone E-machines bumped up to 1gig ram, XP Professional. Other than the occasional "program as experianced an unrecoverable error and must close" I like Flexi. Good RIP and easy font designing. Just my 2 cents.

I agree...
I've been using Flexi since 6.5....
I like the program, I just feel they sell upgrades without really addressing some issues.
One thing for sure...
why o why can't we add fonts on the fly? (without restarting the application)
even Corel does that since version 7 from what I remember.

onesource

I don't have many probs out of flexi but I do use corel more, my next purchase may be SL dunno yet.
My friends flexi kept freezing then his computer died, he purchase a new up to date Pc with plenty of ram and a good video card and wala! runs good now.

CrabbyOldGuy

We run Flexi 7.6 for the most part. Primarily for the rip but I use it for design most of the time. We also have Illustrator and Photoshop which are used the same way. Each program has something it does exceptionally well and just as poorly. I still like Flexi but I also really like the 5.8 version that we still use on an old Mac. Hard to get away from it. It's all in what you get used to and knowing how to lie to the machine.

gabagoo

I use flexi photoprint and the odd time it gets that freezing issue you talk about, but I have also experienced that sort of stuff in Signlab, Corel and Illustrator, I think sometimes the memory gets used up to quicl\kly with larger bitmap files. As I said it is infrequent so it's not an issue for me.

OneUpTenn

I keep asking myself why I have Flexi and what good it is. About the only thing I do in Flexi is rip/print and cut. Designing anything in Flexi is literally rocket science.

I have been using Corel and Adobe since I can remember and no trouble other than basic learning and stuff...but Flexi??? Why does everybody have it including myself?

How in the world are they selling this product in mass quantities? Other than to ignorant people like myself who didnt know any better when they bought it and the sales rep said I needed it.

This is what I HATE HATE HATE about Flexi. Okay so they have this wonderful online manual now....ummmm hmmmm and when you click on a subject say color management...it will say you can do this in color management....but it doesnt tell you HOW!!!!

Gotta love the marketing dept at that company.

Sign Prophet

I too have had some problems with 8.5. I would just love to open my job properties without production manager freezing and shutting down. I tried everthing tech support has suggested but I guess the final conclusion is that my computer is wack. I have never used design software that is so full of bugs and holes as flexi is.

os101king

is it freezing on load, or is it when you open a large file? could be like stated above, just needs more ram! feed the beast!

More RAM, eh? FOUR GIGABITES ISN'T ENOUGH?!?!?!? I can't get Flexi to run contour cuts or outlines on anything SLIGHTLY complex. This software is SH$% plain and simple. My ten year old copy of Composer was more reliable.

fozzyber

The flexi software has more bugs than an ant mound, the tech support is a joke, I have 2 calls in and no one wants to call me back. Good thing they are not close, or esle I would have to get my lead pipe, pliers, and blow tourch.