• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BEST MATERIAL TO WRAP A RESTAURANT TABLE ?

enes sonmez

Hello,
i have been searching a material that goes long term on a restaurant table. the surface is flat but i really need to use the correct material. Also i need a recommendation for the gloss lamination as well. I was thinking to use ij80 but it looks expensive or maybe too much. I really need your recommendation. i found a sample photos. as well.
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-02 at 17.47.34.jpeg

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would use IJ35 or IJ40 also. It should last darn near forever inside - are you wrapping the edges or just putting it flat on top the table? I would be more concerned with the laminate because that's what is going to have the wear and tear. If you are stuck on cast vinyl you can use Arlon SLX instead, many of use that for vehicle wraps in place of the once hard to find 3M180 and it's cheaper. I have a roll of Oraguard 270G Stone Guard Film - it's a clear laminate to protect vehicles from stones but it's $17.59 per yard, but it's so nice and thick. IMO your money would be better spent on a laminate than the vinyl.

enes sonmez

I would use IJ35 or IJ40 also. It should last darn near forever inside - are you wrapping the edges or just putting it flat on top the table? I would be more concerned with the laminate because that's what is going to have the wear and tear. If you are stuck on cast vinyl you can use Arlon SLX instead, many of use that for vehicle wraps in place of the once hard to find 3M180 and it's cheaper. I have a roll of Oraguard 270G Stone Guard Film - it's a clear laminate to protect vehicles from stones but it's $17.59 per yard, but it's so nice and thick. IMO your money would be better spent on a laminate than the vinyl.
that is a great point! Yes we will wrap the edges as well and use primer all the way!

these are 30in x 30in tables with 2inc sides and 2 inc to the bottom to secure the corners. i need to wrap 40 tables.

so which lamination do u recommend? I saw that they used floor lam before but it came out easily.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
that is a great point! Yes we will wrap the edges as well and use primer all the way!

these are 30in x 30in tables with 2inc sides and 2 inc to the bottom to secure the corners. i need to wrap 40 tables.

so which lamination do u recommend? I saw that they used floor lam before but it came out easily.
I concur with Stacy on this. The vinyl is important but I feel the laminate you use is far more important. She mentioned using Oraguard 270G PPF. I would think that should hold up better than just about any laminate. Im not sure what your budget is but its more expensive than laminate.

MikePro

ij35 is just as good as cast wrap vinyl in this case, indoor&wrapped around, especially if you have the ability to remove those corner caps and reinstall on top of your finished wrap. any exposed vinyl edges will take a beating with table cleanings.
you could also save a buck, and ditch the 3M, and go with a house-brand intermediate calendared like Grimco's Briteline DurationX or NGlantz's BeLine.

...but if you're printing BudLight logos, I would highly recommend 5 layers of anti-graffiti overlam and a long chat with your local pastor

:dog42:

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
Another thing I was just thinking. Rolls come in 30", 54" and 60". You are going to have to use 54" since you need 34" of material. You will end up wasting 20" of material when you print so when you do your quote, keep that in mind. Vinyl and LAMINATE.

1360" minimum inches
37 yards or 113 feet

So that's almost an entire 150' roll OF EACH if you leave a little space between the table decals as you print.