• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Best mid-level flatbed printer?

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
EFI Vutek Pro 32H. Immaculate machine. Never skips a beat. The Light CMYK makes the color gamut absolutely ridiculous. Jumping from the Pro 16H, we went from 30 minutes per 4' x 8' sheet when printing 8-Pass with White, to a little over 5 minutes, and you can print 2 up. You get a standalone workstation that can be placed wherever (it's on this neat mobile cart with a flat work area) and it also comes with an i1 Pro 2 to profile all your media. The ink pricing is awesome as well. Truly a beautiful piece of equipment.
Attached are a few pictures I took shortly after install.

Attachments

• IMG_4942.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_4943.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_4948.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 247

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
EFI Vutek Pro 32H. Immaculate machine. Never skips a beat. The Light CMYK makes the color gamut absolutely ridiculous. Jumping from the Pro 16H, we went from 30 minutes per 4' x 8' sheet when printing 8-Pass with White, to a little over 5 minutes, and you can print 2 up. You get a standalone workstation that can be placed wherever (it's on this neat mobile cart with a flat work area) and it also comes with an i1 Pro 2 to profile all your media. The ink pricing is awesome as well. Truly a beautiful piece of equipment.
Attached are a few pictures I took shortly after install.

As said, Light inks dont do anything for gamut. if anything they cost more to run.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
As said, Light inks dont do anything for gamut. if anything they cost more to run.

I've ran this printer in 4C and 8C, and I can reach more colors in 8C mode. Maybe my eyes deceive me. How would they cost more to run?

jasonx

I've ran this printer in 4C and 8C, and I can reach more colors in 8C mode. Maybe my eyes deceive me. How would they cost more to run?

Because 100% of LC is more expensive than 20% of C. You also have more colors to purge etc so more wasted ink. in the EFI you have 4 light colors as well. Do you need to swap out the inks to go from 8C to 4C thus wasting even more ink?

parrott

I have. Just having trouble figuring out why the extra $50-$60,000.The speed is not the biggest factor for me

Quality costs more. If you look at the build of their machines they are vastly superior to the competition. These machines are not imported from China, they are built in Texas with American labor. Instead of cutting corners to save a buck, they spend a little more on higher quality American parts. There is no other printer manufacturer that I know of that are truly building machines (not assembling) in America. So yes you are going to spend a little more but you will gain that in the long run with uptime, fewer replaced parts, less head aches, etc. I am obviously a big fan of our Digitech and am happy to help with any questions. We were in your same shoes six months ago.

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Take a look at the new StratoJet Shark 3216. 10x5, magnetic rail gantry using Ricoh Gen 6 heads. White ink parking,13 colors available, heads/colors can be changed or added any time and no 24hr auto purging. Starting under $100k with final assembly in the US (not made in ch_na, we are the manufacture).
If not buying the StratoJet, by the DigiTech

Graphic Realm

Take a look at the new StratoJet Shark 3216. 10x5, magnetic rail gantry using Ricoh Gen 6 heads. White ink parking,13 colors available, heads/colors can be changed or added any time and no 24hr auto purging. Starting under $100k with final assembly in the US (not made in ch_na, we are the manufacture).
If not buying the StratoJet, by the DigiTech
Pricing for max heads?

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Pricing for max heads?
Max heads can mean multiple things on our printer. You can add up to 9 heads (2 color per). 3x CMYK is max with room for 6 other colors. Feel free to give me a call to see what setup would work the best for what you need and get you a more precise price. Dan 562.287.2841

StratoJet

Merchant Member
$150-250k - Vutek, EFI 30f, Oce, Digitech, Vanguard, Strojet?
While speed is great I am looking for info for best quality. I would take a slower machine with better quality but still want 20+ boards an hour
Not sure of your timeline, but we’ll be in Irvine, TX in May at the trade show. We can show you how our printer will do exactly what you’re looking for!

Info:
https://graphics-pro-expo.com/event/irving-tx/

Chrxs

I am using the HP Scitex FB550. The colours and material are cheap and you get a consistent printing quality. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

FatCat

Just got our Vanguard VKM-600 installed start of February and have been running it with no major issues so far. Speed and quality are fantastic, customer service at Vanguard has been very good with 2 calls we had to make. Ink is $145/liter and has very good adhesion and color. We opted for the 2nd row of heads with the ability to add a 3rd down the road. Right now we can print a 4x8 board (yard signs) at 3:15 in 3 pass mode with very nice quality, no chromatic banding, etc. which I saw on many other machines at lower quality.

We were originally looking at buying an entry level machine, but very happy we had the opportunity to step up to a mid-level machine which will allow us to grow with it.

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Are you using the Ricoh Gen6 heads? Why not the kyocera kj4a heads
We have used many print heads over the years but lately, the Ricoh Gen 5 and 6 (for our UV printers) give us the best overall results and are more durable (stainless steel heads not ceramic). Nothing wrong with the Kyocera KJ4As but we also wanted more flexibility working with our tech and with years of co-development, we have much more capabilities. You can control the temp, pressure, individual purging for each color. We also propel the inks through the orifices at three times the velocity then all other printers which requires more control of the printer head function and a developed OEM solution.
Was there something you were looking at from the Kyocera?

Graphic Realm

We have used many print heads over the years but lately, the Ricoh Gen 5 and 6 (for our UV printers) give us the best overall results and are more durable (stainless steel heads not ceramic). Nothing wrong with the Kyocera KJ4As but we also wanted more flexibility working with our tech and with years of co-development, we have much more capabilities. You can control the temp, pressure, individual purging for each color. We also propel the inks through the orifices at three times the velocity then all other printers which requires more control of the printer head function and a developed OEM solution.
Was there something you were looking at from the Kyocera?
Just curious. What gives a sharper 3-4pt type?