• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best place to buy ink for Roland VG - 16.9oz Eco Solvent Ink Cartridges

I purchased a new Roland in October and I have been hitting that medium clean button every two days, until we got the business up and running. Smart for the head, but an idiot move. I now need a full set of ink, where is the best and I mean cheapest place to get it.

Mascitti Bro

Roland. You will void the warranty if you use anything else.
That said, is there a preferred place that sells the Roland ink for the best price? (Or, what/where are some suggestions on where any of you buy ink for your own Roland equipment, and I'll be glad to check them out and compare on my own.)

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That machine should have an auto cleaning feature which would remove the need to manually run cleaning cycles.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
quick question
how much better is the fade resistance of eco sol max inks vs eco sol
presently using solvent printer conversions ink in my fj52
adding an sc545-ex. i know the cheapest solution is to run the same ink in both.
is the fade resistance of eco sol max MUCH better?

i would like to keep costs down, but not at the risk of having nothing but irate customers in 1-1/2 -2 yrs

should i set one up as the "cheap" machine & one as "premium"?

should the premium machine have original roland inks (quite a difference in cost keeping 24 original cartridges on the shelf against 6 liters of aftermarket ink)

Why would you clean the head all the time? If you leave the printer plugged in it'll auto clean itself. To be sure do a test print every two weeks and do a soft cleaning if needed.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i am surprisd you can get 2 weeks,beven with the automatic cleanings
the orings & seals aren't perfect. you would think you would still have enough evaporation to cause problems.

i am surprisd you can get 2 weeks,beven with the automatic cleanings
the orings & seals aren't perfect. you would think you would still have enough evaporation to cause problems.

2 weeks gives a 25% dropout which is resolved with one soft cleaning.