• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best vinyl and laminate for gymnasium floors

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
I'm working with our local college and they want us to print and install some 9x12' floor graphics on their gymnasium floor. We did some samples for them with IJ40 and the textured laminate from 3M, but they say it's too slick.
What have you found that works? Sticks well, yet removable and has some traction for the basketball players.
Thanks for your advise!
PS I did look back through older threads to no avail!

ProColorGraphics

The Pano Walk-N-Wall film might work. I know Fellers has it. I have it covering my entry way. Even in the winter here in MN, I don't notice that it is slippery at all.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Pano Walk is an option I offer and I also offer Sport Walk from Asphalt Art but durability is key that's why I need to know how long it will be down for.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about a gym floor out your way or anywhere else in the country where it's safe to put a decal on a floor which is to have basketball, volleyball or other indoor competitions on them where people/kids are running around. The difference in texture can result in sprained knees and ankles.... to actually causing falls due to the difference in textures and even the slight height unevenness in the decal with laminate. Around here, other than a special event for whatever reason, sports cannot be played with decals on the floors, unless the entire floor is varnished/clearcoated to keep the same traction all around. Better check with someone in law as to whose responsibility it would be if someone fell due to your graphics.

idsignsil

DocZoom, have you done the job yet? If so what did you end up using? I have a customer that wants to out their logo on a indoor basketball court and am looking at the different options.