• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best vinyl for 1-way visibility

C

ColoPrinthead

You all have missed the mark big time on this one. Tell the lady to charge for tickets to visit/view the doggos INSIDE, and demanded a percentage sales.

You are welcome.

Rico

Things haven't changed. OP comes here looking for a solution, Josh offers a helping hand and is dismissed.
Add to that the contradictory statements saying the client has fat bank after spending $100,000 on crating, but isn't going to pay for a 100' digital print.:confused:

I am practicing my critical thinking skills for the upcoming semester.;)

Josh offers to sell me something that will block the current graphics that she wants to keep - because they are part of her branding. I didn't dismiss him, I thanked him, but said that I didn't see how what he had was better than standard perf. It's an honest question. I am thinking that I can buy stock perf with black on the back which I think will work, or I can buy his stuff and print over the white with black. Why do that when I can already get it black?

She doesn't want a digital print because she doesn't want to block people seeing the dogs.

The only reason I bought up what she spent on the crates was because someone implied that she was trying to do this on the cheap. She is not.

practicing your critical thinking? I assume nursing program? As a member of several skeptics groups, you have a long way to go. But you're making for a good troll.o_O

Rico

Probably, what you or your client don't realize is one simple item, which you already kinda addressed.

People on the street will still come up to the windows to see in and while they don't care or know what the vinyl is there for..... the dogs know absolutely nothing and even if they did, they don't understand the mechanics behind it all. People will still come up to the glass and tap and knock on the glass, cause they can still see in, but dogs will most likely become aggressive when they hear tapping or knocking on the glass. They will probably be able to see shadows and slowly become accustomed to how the perf works and they will see more than you realize, so the whole shebang will probably be for naught.

You either need to keep the humans away.... or the dogs. One seeing the other will result in the same thing all over again.

Thanks for the relpy. I think she is getting to this assessment, but still wants to try a fix and I want to help her.

This particular window scheme - issues aside - was a big selling point to her and part of the reason this spot for a daycare is so good. It is in the heart of the Amazon campus and Amazon workers love their dogs and bring them to work and this is 24/7 advertisement.

But yes, she may have to just block it and be done.

For what it's worth, for every 100 people that come too close to the glass, one idiot knocks on it. Probably the same dude who knocks on fish tanks and makes faces at the bears at the zoo. So knocking is not too much of an issue, it's the faces and obvious movement cause problems - dogs are territorial.

Rico

Here is my frustration with this thread, and I am saying this admitting that nobody here owes me a damn thing.

I ask for advice for perf because I don't work with it very much. I also ask for advice on any other 1-way sign material that I may not know about - again because this is a little outside my area of knowledge and you all are obviously well dialed-in to digital media. I then say as a last resort that I can use acid-etch vinyl, something I am very familiar with.

The first response I got is put up a rope or fence. Okay, I wasn't asking for random ideas, this is a sign forum so I was asking about films

Then the second post is "use acid etch". I had already covered that in my OP and was asking for advice about perf or 1-way vinyl.

Then 2b gives me a good solid answer. Yay.

Then bigfish wants to sell me perf that is white on both sides, completely contradicting 2B's post. I don't even have a digital printer, so that is out anyway. In his follow up post, I think it's clear that he missed what I was trying to accomplish. No disrespect meant. I thought I answered that pretty well - and respectfully - on post #12

then other people are telling me to try his film\ that wont work unless I print on it.

then the thread just falls apart after that.

Now I am left exactly where my instincts lead me: try a sample of perf vinyl and if that doesn't work go with acid etch.

A sincere thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply to my situation. Sorry if some of my responses came across as impudent.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here is my frustration with this thread, and I am saying this admitting that nobody here owes me a damn thing.

I ask for advice for perf because I don't work with it very much. I also ask for advice on any other 1-way sign material that I may not know about - again because this is a little outside my area of knowledge and you all are obviously well dialed-in to digital media. I then say as a last resort that I can use acid-etch vinyl, something I am very familiar with.

The first response I got is put up a rope or fence. Okay, I wasn't asking for random ideas, this is a sign forum so I was asking about films

Sorry to burden you with more thinking.

Then the second post is "use acid etch". I had already covered that in my OP and was asking for advice about perf or 1-way vinyl.

More unnecessary thinking, oh my.

Then 2b gives me a good solid answer. Yay.

Then bigfish wants to sell me perf that is white on both sides, completely contradicting 2B's post. I don't even have a digital printer, so that is out anyway. In his follow up post, I think it's clear that he missed what I was trying to accomplish. No disrespect meant. I thought I answered that pretty well - and respectfully - on post #12

You want us to understand you instantly, but you can't tell us ALL the facts right up front. They dribble out upon our asking or trying to help.

then other people are telling me to try his film\ that wont work unless I print on it.

then the thread just falls apart after that.

Falls apart..... ?? You nixed like every suggestions, because you know the answers and we don't.

Now I am left exactly where my instincts lead me: try a sample of perf vinyl and if that doesn't work go with acid etch.

So, we helped. I like happy endings.

A sincere thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply to my situation. Sorry if some of my responses came across as impudent.

No, there was no disrespect, just bewilderment on our part, as you never came back with how you fixed this situation to help others in the future.

Ya see for the most part, we're only here to TRY and help others. This is Signs 101, not Signs 101 ED. For me, your question was more like.....

I wanna buy a car, but I don't want anything traditional. I don't want anything non-traditional, either. In fact, I don't want any answers, unless they're good ones. I will decide what is good or not, but don't force me. Then, slither away for a year or so.

So Rico, how'd ya make out ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that's exactly why I brought it back up. He said things which were kinda taken outta context and he hasn't weighed in as how he resolved this predicament.

I can tell time and I can read the dates, but when someone is looking for advice or help and condemns the help he/she received because it didn't come in the fashion he/she wanted it, that just plain s*cks. They take the time to waste everyone's time, but don't have the stomach to tell us how the problem was fixed. I for one would like to know. Wouldn't you ??

tylercrum

For what it's worth, in my humble opinion, BigFish had the solution, but OP couldn't wrap their head around it....