• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to attach 20x25ft sign to metal building

SignEx

I have a local company that wants to put their logo on a metal building, overall size is 20ft x 25 ft, Not sure how would be best method to do this, paint direct to building, one large sign with multiple panels, any input would be appreciated, thanks

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Panel it and fasten to building with painted sheet metal screws. It will look fine. You can get 5x10 ACM to do it

20191206_131456.jpg

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Several options available. ACP Sheets directly screwed to building or mounted to a fabricated frame.
Lind Sign Frame and large banner.

DaveD

I like ACM (Dibond) with a French cleat. Once the cleat is installed you just lift and set the panels. secure the panels once in place.

Attachments

• Judd & Black 18486 distribution center sign - 2.jpg
    Judd & Black 18486 distribution center sign - 2.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 192

John Miller

I have a local company that wants to put their logo on a metal building, overall size is 20ft x 25 ft, Not sure how would be best method to do this, paint direct to building, one large sign with multiple panels, any input would be appreciated, thanks

Weld up an aluminum frame with vertical & horizontal ribs where panels but together. Mount ACP to the frame with pop rivets.
Attach two horizontal french cleats to the building and two to your sign one near the top, one near the bottom. Lift the sign and drop it onto the french cleats. Be sure the sign is mechanically fastened to the building. I agree with Karst41, check zoning. Don't be shy on pricing

Billct2

We've done them in sections on 1"x1" aluminum tube frame (with the corners & Ts that screw or pop rivet). For getting it on the building it can be assembled on site and lifted in one piece
or installed in sections. Depending on the design it may require some "touch-up" if graphics don't align perfectly. We usually use shoes screwed to the high point of ribs, and lots of them. We often add a raised aluminum border made with .040.