• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Way to Clean roland sc500 Print head nozzles

joseph T

Help!!! Anybody have a good way to clean print head nozzles mine are plugged. Ive tried blowing them out with some hose. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated:signs101:

sfr table hockey

You really need cleaning fluid to clear blockages. Start with a soak. Fill the captop with cleaning fluid and make sure it is pooled to the top and reset your heads over top the capping station. Let sit 10 min or so and do a reg cleaning cycle from the key pad on the printer. Do a test print and see if it helped. You may need to do a couple cleanings to clear the heads of the cleaning fluid.

From there if you need more you can remove the dampers and inject some solution into each head. Don't force too much with the solution and again let sit and then do a cleaning.

Last resort use a cleaning swab with solution on it and lightly push up under the heads. Do not rub, just push up. Rubbing can destroy the heads. Do a cleaning etc.

joseph T

Thank you ive already done that . I tried pumping ink up and nothing is happening. I just bought a new station and a new pump so im stumped! ill try to clean them again thank you.

sfr table hockey

Lets make sure first if it is the heads.

Get a syringe and attach a small 3 inch or so length to it with the tube the pump uses. While printer is off, move the heads off the capping station. Remove the pump tube from the capping station. Attach the syringe tube to that captop and set the heads back in place. Try to draw ink into the syringe.

Do you get ink and if so is it a nice mix of dark brown to a black color?

If no ink are you getting resistance in the syringe or do you hear air leaking?

If you hear air, is that small little rectangle box that has the clear tubes going to it over on the right side, sitting flush against a flat piece with springs pushing it against that box?

When you put the pump in did you run the extra length of line direct to the drain bottle or do they go to another line before the drain bottle. If so is that line clear and unblocked.

Start there and see what you find.