• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to letter this trailer

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've been talking with this guy about lettering his trailer. It's cut vinyl, mostly wording. The thing is the seams are metal "bars", I've never seen this before! Is the best way to letter this to avoid placement over the bars or go over them? If its a smaller number or letter I'm afraid they won't be able to read them decent. Thoughts? 4' seams...he sent these pics via text. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 222

rjssigns

That's a new one for me too. Based on the pictures I would tent over the bars then do a cut and drop. The human eye/brain interface can "fix" a lot of visuals that drive us sign people crazy.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
it appears that instead of have rivets all over the trailer, the aluminum is instead fitted to the next piece. YES PLEASE! i'll take this over rivets any day!

i agree with rjssigns. apply the vinyl as if the seam isn't even there and cut at the seam and squeegee over the lower piece. personally, when i'm doing trailers, i try to lay the vinyl to avoid rivets, even if it means making slight adjustments on the vehicle from the approved proof.

Stacey K

I like making signs
OK, this is what I was expecting to hear. Based on the copy, I should be able to avoid these bars pretty well and I like the tent and drop for the items I can't! Not sure if this is the wave of the future or not. Most of the newer ones don't have any rivets or screws at all so this took me by surprise!