• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Windows PC 2023

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
View attachment 166195

The day after I buy the new power supply without any research, LTT releases a video bashing this PSU, although it is a best seller.

Found out old PSU was dead on Sunday and had no choice but to grab something off the shelf at bestbuy 10 minutes before closing. I'm sure it'll be fine for a few years until motherboard capacitors start failing due to old age..

Temps are great despite the cooler being covered in 10 years of sticky dust.

No cable management here, new builds are way better cable management
Always consult Linus before buying! That's about what my cable management looks like too.

JBurton

Signtologist
View attachment 166195

The day after I buy the new power supply without any research, LTT releases a video bashing this PSU, although it is a best seller.

Found out old PSU was dead on Sunday and had no choice but to grab something off the shelf at bestbuy 10 minutes before closing. I'm sure it'll be fine for a few years until motherboard capacitors start failing due to old age..

Temps are great despite the cooler being covered in 10 years of sticky dust.

No cable management here, new builds are way better cable management
Loose a stick of ram over the years too?
I'd show y'all the inside of mine, but it's got ssd's hanging all over the place...

victor bogdanov

Speaking of, he's always pushing these folks for custom builds. I wonder how their pricing falls inline with both signburst and off the shelf systems: https://www.originpc.com/
It is pretty expensive, those LTT ads aren't cheap.

I think in their undercover purchase of prebuilt PCs, origin was decent overall with some issues they were willing to address. Still much better than dell/alienware and HP indian tech support trying to sell you 5 year warranty

visual800

Or just copy the specs of the "dell xps system" and build your self for a 25% savings plus getting a way better non proprietary motherboard, PSU, Case = more upgradable down the road
you sure could that. which with some people , me inlcuded would be a PITA and not worth it

CanuckSigns

I'm a fan of Dell systems for 1 reason,there is a sticker with a serial number on the PC, if you ever need to reinstall windows, you type that number into dells site and it let's you download the drivers for every component in that PC, it's saved me hours of time!

JBurton

Signtologist
I'm a fan of Dell systems for 1 reason,there is a sticker with a serial number on the PC, if you ever need to reinstall windows, you type that number into dells site and it let's you download the drivers for every component in that PC, it's saved me hours of time!
I miss the days of nlite and windows xp. I had several different installs with stuff pulled out and particular drivers baked in, so any time I screwed up my laptop, I could reinstall windows in about 45 minutes. Why did I have to reinstall windows more than once? Vista's MBR was the only part of that story I recall these days...

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

Me too. Dell is great for this.

Thanks for all the info people will look up some of the Dell Precision and HP Z Series, and compare specs with someone to build also.

there's not much to compare. they all usually have the same spec. different brand. ..

you buy them in any config you want.
You want a Xeon, you get a Xeon. You want a Intel Core, thats what you get.
You want 16, 32, 64 gb ram? you choose how much.
etc...

victor bogdanov

I'm a fan of Dell systems for 1 reason,there is a sticker with a serial number on the PC, if you ever need to reinstall windows, you type that number into dells site and it let's you download the drivers for every component in that PC, it's saved me hours of time!The

WIth a DIY build all you have to do is go to the motherboard manufacturer website and download the chipset driver, Then the video card driver.

But now everything will work fine with windows generic drivers even if you don't go download all the drivers, windows has gotten really good at finding drivers