• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

beyond my control

gabagoo

I am printing a banner for the second time around as the first one I let print and left the room to do other chores. Came back and this light blue just sucked, so I reran at 720 x 720 8 pass uni high speed off. The banner has 2 blue bars running across the top and bottom and then just the logo at the begining of the banner in the middle of the banner. The 2 bars are printing fine but the logo blue (which is exactly the same colour) looks all mottled. I am about 50% of the way through this one and cant decide whether to kill it or continue. It will no doubt be an issue but how many times can I continually keep trying before I just phone the client and say I cant do it.
I have had continual trouble with light blue from day one and never can seem to figure out why.

I wonder if it is OK to cut the blue in vinyl and apply over the existing if need be?

gabagoo

I am almost positive when this machine was sold to me ,new, that something was up but I was to inexperienced to know better. I fought with the distributor for months to have the heads lifted up to be able to print on banners and generally for everything. They warned me of complete BS as to I couldn't do it myself and I could ruin the alignment. Just a load of lies. I asked everyone there to give me names of others they had sold the machine to but they would not.

Not until finding this board did things fall into place well after a year of owning the jv3. Now I regularly move the heads with no fear. The problem is that in every test print I have done there are the same 2 bars in the cyan head that never print and this I fear is why blues and greens are so difficult for me. I am almost positive that they knew this from day one, and left it with me.

I don't have the $$$ to replace the head, so I try as best to go around it for the most part. If I put the heads low my blues print OK but I cant do that with banners...so I deal with it.

heyskull

Hi
Have you soaked your head in cleaning fluid?
If this has been an issue from day one It may not clear.
I agree this is why you have trouble with blues and greens as it is using the cyan to create them.
If the machine is out of warranty the only answer is to change the head!

I honestly think you are wasting money if you don't get this fixed as you are probably running the machine in a higher resolution and slower speeds which means more ink being used and longer print times.

I print banners at a very low resolution and my machine just spits them out.

SC

gabagoo

I maintain this machine every day since day 1 and do a nozzle wash every Friday. For the most part I can get around most colour issues. Light blues printed as a large spot colour is the enemy for the most part, but it is few and far between.