• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Bi-Directional issues

GCPrintShop

Having a hard time with bi-directional printing lately. We used to only print bi-directional, high scan speed, but lately anything with fine details comes out blurry on bi-directional. I've tried dropPOScorrect but can't seem to get the line to move on pos #1. I've tried greatly exaggerating the adjustment but the line never moves. I performed a media compensation and was able to get that lined up pretty well. This is a Mimaki CJV30-130 running Rasterlink 6 plus. Is there another calibration I'm missing? Test print is perfect BTW.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The line doesn't move between alignments on the CJV30. The same pattern prints every time. So as long as you chose the best looking line, it should be good. Just keep in mind that Mimami also does things backwards so left is positive and right is negative. A lot of times people assume it's the other way around and get it backwards. Otherwise, post a test print and an example of the issue.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
I know this is from a few months ago but I have also struggled in the past sometimes with bi-directional printing myself. I could never use the standard Drop position adjustment in the normal menu. not sure if you're CJV30 has this or not but in my JV33 i go through the Maintenance tech menu to #adjust menu-
1) Press Function
2) #Adjust
3) Head Adjust
4) Drop Pos. Adjust
5) Hi Speed Scan
6) Fine
7) Fine Y Bi
8) Press Enter
9) Press the right arrow

Now you can adjust the value. I print something i am working on rather than Mimaki's pattern to check. it causes me to go in and out of the menu a few times but its easier to evaluate.
Not sure if it will help you but it works for me. good luck

cobaya

You can try checking a slant position of printhead. Unidirectional print its OK but bidirectional NOT if slant position not good. I think you can cahange slant only in service mode not in operation mode on machine.

MikePro

i think the hardest part is realizing the line doesn't move in your print adjustments... you just select the proper value and off you go.
....and I know this, because well, I did it too. Kept "chasing the line" and my values became so extreme that you would have though i attached a tattoo gun to my printer, and all my prints started coming out squiggly.