• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Biesse Plast Line

johnnysigns

Anyone using one of these on the forums here? I spoke to someone that operated one several years ago (2015) and he had a lot of great info on issues they were having with the machine after installation. I know the problems I remember it having back then seem to have been addressed as the model has evolved. Any feedback from any possible operator/owners in here?

We're likely doing the 5ft x 10ft, 12hp spindle, registration camera and it will be likely wired for a knife in case we go that route later.

Regardless of which brand we buy, we've demo Vectric's line of software and that or Fusion 360 would likely be our software choice.

johnnysigns

We've looked at AXYZ, Multicam and Shop Sabre all pretty closely. Cut quality is a big concern along with support service as a close second. We're solvent gluing heaps of acrylic parts together and repetitive cut quality is of high concern.

netsol

the biesse is a great machine. YEARS AGO one of our clients has one of the first 5' x 10' machines. it was driven by autocad 2000, but the o/s for the biesse itself was dos 3.3

we turned out cabinets, etc

one of the first projects it got used for was the rutgers university gym & locker rooms

Christian @ 2CT Media

We've looked at AXYZ, Multicam and Shop Sabre all pretty closely. Cut quality is a big concern along with support service as a close second. We're solvent gluing heaps of acrylic parts together and repetitive cut quality is of high concern.
I went to a shop that had a shopsabre and a biesse and it was night a day the quality of the shopsabre cuts. Also they were complaining about biesse support, so for us that was an immediate turn off.

Sandman

I can't help you with the router itself but I would think twice about Fusion 360. I'm in a cnc forum and I constantly hear about the limitations of the software and the extreme learning curve.

johnnysigns

What CNC did you ever settle on? I'm looking to pull the trigger on a very similar setup.
We were pretty settled on an AXYZ Trident or Multicam Ap3xr but Covid sunk those plans with the business slow down. Things have picked up so we're on the hunt again.

johnnysigns

That sucks, but glad the rebound is in effect. I'm looking at a quote on a shop sabre, about to pull the trigger on an $80k setup with the camera system. I've been trying to find sign guys who run these, but there don't seem to be many. My favorite feature has to be the ATC, as our current setup requires 5 minutes, a busted knuckle every other time, and me exclusively to change it out.

We were pretty far into consideration of the Shop Sabre's, but I was rather nervous adding vision and knife capabilities that the more expensive brands (AXYZ and Multicam) do so well. It's honestly been my biggest hang up with the SS machines. I think if we were only looking for a beefy CNC setup the Shop Sabre is extremely competitive. Having the ability to knife cut, crease and the vision is where we can grab more work from our existing customer base.