• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Circle...

SV Signworks

Is there a way to adhere two pieces of 6m PVC pieces - Creating a large flat circle... need to cut each half and then connect... I know I don't know what I'm doing - but YOU do. Help. Thanks.

Failed to add measurement - 94" finished.

Last edited:

unclebun

To adhere the two pieces together you use PVC cement. You can use the stuff you put PVC pipes together with, but for making indoor sign structures out of expanded PVC sheet, I have found Weld-On #16 to be the easiest to work with. It doesn't dry instantly, but it is therefore easier to control when putting the pieces together. https://www.nglantz.com/2229008/Product/IPS_Corp._NO_16

myront

CorelDRAW is best
tape a piece of string to the center edge of a sheet of pvc. Make a loop at the other end at exactly 47". Put a pencil tip inside the loop and trace the half circle. Cut & repeat
upload_2019-8-13_13-52-45.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wanna make sure the circle comes out round and doesn't have a little divot somewhere along the circumference ?? Send it to someone with a CNC and pay to have it done correctly.

fozzie

Wanna make sure the circle comes out round and doesn't have a little divot somewhere along the circumference ?? Send it to someone with a CNC and pay to have it done correctly.

+1 for Gino. we have done large 6mm sintra pieces like this for indoor application. router cut them so adjoining/connecting edges are dead on. used 3M RP45 tape to install to wall (painted drywall)
biggest thing is to have half the tape at the adjoining/connecting edges behind each piece so the edge stays nice and flat

Johnny Best

To adhere the two pieces together you use PVC cement. You can use the stuff you put PVC pipes together with, but for making indoor sign structures out of expanded PVC sheet, I have found Weld-On #16 to be the easiest to work with. It doesn't dry instantly, but it is therefore easier to control when putting the pieces together. https://www.nglantz.com/2229008/Product/IPS_Corp._NO_16

They make pvc pipe glue that dries fast or slow, it comes in heavy duty, low VOC that dries slow. In the plumbing section at Home Depot.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
HH66 (the banner glue) works very well on pvc. We use it to build raffle drop boxes with 3mil pvc. Once it sticks it is not coming apart.

AGCharlotte

I get it router cut and then overlay with vinyl. Kind of a PITA to get lined up but that's normal for something like this. Then put a strip down the backside to help hold it together. PVC glue if you need extra stability.

shoresigns

How common are CNCs that can cut a 94" circle? Everyone I know who has a CNC is 4'x8'.