• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BIG Edge 1 issue

Ultra1MX

the edge 1 we own is rarely ever used, but a few mins ago we had a big problem, while the vinyl is rolling through, the machine stops, and says check foil, once i opened the machine the vinyl was off the sprockets and very messed up.

any idea on what this could be?!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check then that the foil is being turned also by running a very small image ... like around 2" or so. If the foil isn't advancing it will stick to the vinyl and cause it to come off track.

iSign

make sure the one sprocket that slides on it's axel, (to allow slight variation in the span between the two sides of perf) is moving freely, and also make sure there is not glue residue on sprockets, and also try a different roll, to ensure against incorrect punching of perf holes...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
After cleaning the back movable sprocket and shaft, put a drop of oil on the shaft even if you don't think it needs it. The drop of oil is key; worked many times for me.

Ultra1MX

thanks for the info. i tried 2 different foils, but i will go in and clean the sprockets and all that was mentioned, thanks again