• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big squeegee

altereddezignz

We have a large automated laminator but we do a lot of 4/8 metal signs and full size signs. My question is i have been watching videos on this big squeegee and have watched some doing large 4 ft wide signs with one person. I am normally alone in the shop for the most part when i am int he print room and this would be helpful for me. We do not want to buy another laminator since ours stays loaded most of the time.
Looking for a relatively in expensive way to place the full prints and or solid color vinyl on full sheets.

Watch the video where Dale tapes a cardboard core to the print with REMOVABLE double-sided tape. This has been the only way I've been able to consistently do 4x8s successfully with the BS.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Works great for us and not having to break down the laminator regularly has been great. I usually give myself a little bleed too and bottom on 4x8s to allow for a little walk. Bought another just to bang our smaller pieces as well.

GypsyGraphics

my first ever thread on s101 was after getting my first the Big Squeegee. i guess my review was a little over zealous... because someone suggested i must be Dale's mom.

i think i said the same thing "who's Dale?" throughout my post i called him Dave. oops

anyway... still love'n my Big Squeegees

Stormyj

Just another guy
I never bought a BS. Too much money for a board with half a pvc tube attached. I took a 4' piece of .25" ply, sanded one edge round, and wrapped in felt. Works like a charm and only cost me nothing, cause I used scrap ply. Maybe $5 in material. I use it to apply 4x8 sheets of printed vinyl to mdo for real estate signage. It also works fairly well for laminating, but you have to be real careful with what you laminate on. The board may be straight with no defects, but the table your using might not be. Which will end up with your laminated material having air bubbles.

2B

but you have to be real careful with what you laminate on. The board may be straight with no defects, but the table your using might not be. Which will end up with your laminated material having air bubbles.

Very true, the importance of a perfectly flat surface is VITAL!!!!