• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Biz Card, Suggestions needed>>>

54warrior

Hey all,

A friend asked me to design a business card for him. He's a part of this group called the "Whitetail Mafia".

Anyway, they have a website, with a forum and all that other fun stuff. So he wanted me to make cards for him. I basically took what someone else did with the website and incorporated it onto the card.

Haven't sent out for print yet, so thought I'd seek your advice on here for some changes and tips on improvement. My hands are kinda tied with using what they already got (I'm not a fan).

http://www.whitetail-mafia.com

Thanks!

Attachments

• Nate_Card_Ver1-0.jpg
    Nate_Card_Ver1-0.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 123

dlndesign

Yeah, I am not a fan either! :ROFLMAO: Anyway, its a good idea to incorporate a existing layout or elements into bc, flyers and alike. It keeps the brand consistant, but in this case I'd try to draw outside the box. Come up with a list of ideas that trully discribe this group and see if it sparks some other ideas in your mind. Just a start.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Tell them that what might be legible spread across a monitor is not necessarily legible on a 2x3.5 business card.

In this case the web site is bad and the resultant business card is terrible.

SignManiac

There website is horrible and in no way conveys hunting. So unfortunately, it makes the BC bad too. Not your fault but I would have no problem telling the site owner his site sucks. Sorry I can't find any good words.

Jillbeans

I can't enlarge the pic, but it is illegible in the thumbnail.
Which to me is usually a good indicator of poor contrast.
The website really is dreadful.
Love.....jill

HeavyHitter

I have a couple friends that film hunting shows for tv. They use the 'Mafia" thing in some of their marketing. I guess it is a trendy thing for the hunting crowd to use.

Dan

Salmoneye

Tell them not to tell anyone where they got it. That's what I do when someone insists that I print something awful.

Ken

Bad link...

Sorry...it did not come up for me..
Anyway..if you don't like it...dont do it...
Cheers!
Ken

ActualGrafix

There website is horrible and in no way conveys hunting. So unfortunately, it makes the BC bad too. Not your fault but I would have no problem telling the site owner his site sucks. Sorry I can't find any good words.

The deer head and the large type at the top that says ,"Promoting the hunter's lifestyle" didn't give it away?

It's not the best site but if they want to incorporate the same theme then you kinda have your hands tied.

:frustrated: