• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black head replacement + install..... CRAZY!!!!!

ackerman139

So, i got in touch with my rep about a new black head plus install for one of my versacamm 300sp's. Does $1200 installed seem a little steep for a black head replacement??? it does to me....

resqfiremedic

I spent little less than 1k on head and installation. The tech had to drive over one and half hours one way to got to me though.

ackerman139

yea. i am thinking the same too. that was from ne sign supply. great great guys, but it seems overkill. i mean, its business i know moneys money, but still. any place cheaper??

CAMMTECH

Hello we are a service center in Mass. If you can tell me where your located we mite be able to help you.
e-mail if you want.

P

ProWraps™

hard to have confidence in a guy that spells might "mite"

but then again i'm not always rite!

the correct spelling will cost you $300 more. do it yourself. go online find a tech manual, buy a head. makes me sick to see these prices. within 2 days of owning my printer, i had it to where i could break it down in less than 5 minutes, have the heads, the dampers, and the entire carriage apart. its not hard. after all this, im thinking why make signs. i should go be a tech. they wanted $500 just to come from san francisco to sacramento. labor was another $175/hour just to push buttons to do the electronic alignment. heh, um yeah no thanks. do your homework. it will save you thousands in the long run.