• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Printing Problem SP540V

pineguy2

I am having a problem with my SP540. When performing a test print the black does not print properly at all. I have tried all cleaning methods including soaking the head for serveral hours by filling the capping stations with cleaning fluid. I have included a picture of my test print. The printer does not get used on a daily basis, but regularly. I'm not sure if the head needs to be replaced or not. The printer is cleaned regularly and is just over a year old. If anyone has seen this problem before it sure would be appreciated if you could share your thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

• TestPrint2.jpg
    TestPrint2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 153

pineguy2

I was hoping that was not the case, but had a pretty good feeling that is what it may be. I had tried to contact Roland tech support all day and have had no luck. Have a local third party tech coming to look at it tomorrow.

Only 2 months past warranty, have to see if Roland will help out.

biggieg

What kills the heads so fast? It sounds like Pineguy2 is not using it very much and keeping up the maintenance.

hoppers

that is why I just paid for a 1 year extension on my Roland warranty! It looks like a bad head if the head soak didnt work, sorry to say. No extended warranty for you though or is it still under the original 1 year (very close to the date that is)?...if it is close, Im not sure but you might be able to talk with your local Roland rep for a deal of some kind.

Good luck. FYI - I manually clean mine once a week and have it running about every other day...not sure of how often you would clean yours...

-Hoppers

Capital Signs

My head on my roland before I sold it was looking just like that... Almost. Techinician came in with a syringe under the capping station, pulled it with some force, and WALAA!!! Head back. It was clogged. I would try this before you go and replace the head. I guess it depends also how long you have had it.

pineguy2

Head was replaced

The head turned out bad, the service tech tried the syringe thing and that did not work either. I did contact Roland Service center and talked to a technician and she indicated that the black head has problems with these printers. I have to talk to the Roland Rep yet to see if they will cover some, printer was just off warranty a couple months with not much use, regular but not excessive. I'm kinda of frustrated that such a thing like this would happen, but it is the only problem I had and will still cost less than the extra year warranty would have cost.

I have learned lots from the experience, I now have the service manual and helped the tech with repairs so I think I could handle pretty much any other fix with this machine, they are not that complicated once you rip them apart.