• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Vinyl Shortages

signheremd

Does anyone know the cause of the current shortage of black vinyl? Looks like it is impacting all brands in both cut vinyl and wrap vinyl.

netsol

i imagine it is a clever mix of real supply chain issues & the realization that if you pretend to be out of something for a few days, and then the price shoots up, almost no one complains

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
i imagine it is a clever mix of real supply chain issues & the realization that if you pretend to be out of something for a few days, and then the price shoots up, almost no one complains
Yup. I think the days of these companies keeping inventory are going to the wayside and manufacturers will also only produce as needed. Raise prices, cut overhead. There is not much financial incentive to go back and do things the pre-covid way.

Mr. Signboy

I haven’t had any issues getting black vinyl. Print media, laminate, and pretty much every color of wrap film on the other hand has been rough. The only silver lining is that I’ve been forced to but brands and materials I have never used and realized I actually like some of them. Trying to look on the bright side….