• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blades

WVB

I received this bulk mailer that included a lot of post card size advertisements for us signmakers. In any event one was for Clean Cut Blade;

http://cleancutblade.com/

Where you can buy one blade and receive one for free plus they will pick up the s/h to prove to you how good their blades really are. Well here is the issue, I can not find my stinking post card for them so I was wondering if anyone else has received this if so is there some sort of code I need to use to order this special? Also I believe they give discounts to signmakers who are members of boards such as this.

ChiknNutz

Don't know if you need any code, but ask for Ross if you call. I helped him get setup with the Summa D60 blades. He offers SignForums members a discount, but I'm not 100% sure about this one. Just ask!

Lance

Why not register with Signforums anyway to get the benefit of any discount offered, nothin to lose. From what I have read the quality is very good although I have not used his product.
Best
Lance

:thumb:

WVB

Ok I called Clean Cut Blades - All signform members will receive 25% off, also they are running a promotion right now buy one blade and receive one free just for trying them out. (It was shipped by signcraft magazine) So I paid $16 for two blades and received free shipping. They also always run buy 4 and receive one free as well. :thumb: He makes these personally as well.

Just out of curiosity has anyone had their blades resharpened? Most likely by bitsbits.com?

Colin

Yes, if anyone has some input on blade resharpening that would be appreciated.
I have a bunch of those 30 or 35 degree ones for my Summa D750.

WVB

Well resharpening is only $4 a blade so if you pay $16 each for new ones it may be worth to see about resharpening.

Dave Drane

Well resharpening is only $4 a blade
I use Ross's blades and let me say that they are better than the manufacturers new blades. They go on and on. I will never use a resharpened blade again. I am a happy customer, but the blades last so long that Ross is not going to be able to do much repeat business. I have a graphtec and use the 60 degree blade for cutting reflective and it slices through it like butter. :thumb: :thankyou:

cleancutblade

an opinion

Hi folks, decided I better join here as I was getting some calls from some of the members.

1st of all if you call, just mention this site and you will get a 25% discount.
2nd, I can discuss regrinding if you want, but just let me say, bits and bits does not do their own grinding. The company that does his sharpening does not send you the same blades back, so if you were happy with the quality that you had, you are not going to get those back.
3rd if you buy a Roland from me for $12.00 and it lasts 3 months and you buy or pay $4.00 ea. plus shipping and if it lasts an average of 2 weeks, are you saving any money?

:thankyou:

dynawg

Introduction & questions

Greetings all! I am new to the forum and and so new to vinyl cutting that I'm not sure I even deserve a 'newbie' rating. Infact I fired up my Graphtec (CE3000-60) for the first time last night! (Wasted my first piece of vinyl but also cut and weeded my first 'good' one too. - Tonight I'll see if I can actually mount it! - but I digress.)

Blades - I see 45 & 60 degree mentioned here for the first time. What is the purpose of the different blades? Also, I understand it's almost an unanswerable question, but is there any way to know what I might expect for blade life? (Figuring I'm cutting intermediate grade material and haven't even started up the learning curve yet.) Is it an item to keep one spare of, or a dozen?

I've learned alot just reviewing posts here already, thanks for sharing your expertise and experience! I'm sure I'll be back with more (I hope not too silly) questions.

Bob P.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Blade degrees will differ from one plotter to another but for a swivel blade, 45 degrees is fairly standard for HP and IP films. 60 degree for sandblast rubber and perhaps for reflective. The lower the angle the more the blade edge is working for you. The higher the angle the easier it is to handle thicker material but the more the point is doing the work and potentially cutting into your release liner.

How many to keep around? Keep your old blades that are dull but not chipped for cutting reflective and metalized polyesters which are harder on a blade. Blade life is hard to predict even restricting yourself to easy to cut films. I've gotten anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 years from a blade. I always have a backup but since I can get replacements in one day, I rarely have more than one or two sitting in the drawer.

WVB

I did receive my blades from Clean Cut, and I must say that the quality is top notch. So far I am very satisfied with my 45 blade. I will have to do a follow up once the blade finially goes dull.

You would save $8 every three months with Clean Cut as opposed to re-grinding if the times listed above are accurate. But the big deal is you will not get your original blade back. That I do not agree with at all, but over all Clean Cut has a superior blade over previous new blades I have purchased. You have won over my business pur shur ! ! !

Colin

Yo scooter, I have purchased blades from them, and you can do so easily with a credit card.

scooternalberta

ty he emailed me today we made a deal, he accepts paypal which is very handy,i sell all my old dusty stuff on ebay ,then buy more stuff to sit and get dusty lol
thanks agian
scooter