• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue and Back Pin Lines

randya

You say it does NOT streak at 720?
But does at 1440?

I would be looking at Micro-dot as well.

Have you run diagnostics on the Print Server?

Have you reset the print server to default and reconfigured?

Graphicdetailsinc

not running vista i just like the way vista looks so i added a "skin" to xp to make it look like vista without having all the bugs :)

im also having some trouble with my ink not setting on photo paper
anyone have any suggestions about the settings?

Graphics2u

not running vista i just like the way vista looks so i added a "skin" to xp to make it look like vista without having all the bugs :)

im also having some trouble with my ink not setting on photo paper
anyone have any suggestions about the settings?

Just play with different profiles and heat settings.

OldPaint

ground that sucker......or get the carpet off the floor...
static electric is a pain when i try to paint with a brush.....probable does same thing with printheads....
dill a small hole to the base of the thing, get a heavey copper wire like the monster cable for speakers, drill a small hole in the floor(if your ground level)and put a rod at least 1/4" dia and 3 feet long into the ground....clamp monster wire to it.....no more static electric.

Graphics2u

ground that sucker......or get the carpet off the floor...
static electric is a pain when i try to paint with a brush.....probable does same thing with printheads....
dill a small hole to the base of the thing, get a heavey copper wire like the monster cable for speakers, drill a small hole in the floor(if your ground level)and put a rod at least 1/4" dia and 3 feet long into the ground....clamp monster wire to it.....no more static electric.

That's a great idea OP! That would take care of the grounding problem.
But you might want to check where your water line comes into the building first:Big Laugh! OOOOOPS! That'll make a mess!

Actually if you have a water pipe in the building nearby you could clamp it to that also.

Bogie

I'd recommend some 10 gauge or 12 gauge Low Voltage lighting wire.

Cheaper than the "monster" speaker wire, and nice and big.

Graphicdetailsinc

could the rj-45 cable be picking up electrical noise??
I have it run along the underside of our desk with about 100 other wires and plugs. I am going to run it out across the room on the floor to see if thats is, because i cant deal with it printing this SLOW!

For slow printing or pausing using LPT (parallel) port go in the Setup Properties of your printer by double clicking the printer setup in the Production Manager or clicking the Properties button in the RIP/Print box and uncheck “Use standard LPT driver”. This setting is located in the Communication tab and uses the Windows driver for the port and is slower.

If you have Check Port State Before Sending checked, the software will send data to the printer to test if it is connected before beginning to print the job. This can also slow printing and can be unchecked.

Graphicdetailsinc

problem resolved!! we were picking up electrical noise/wireless feedback in our network cable (rj-45 cord UTP)

If you run the printer over a network cord get STP cables

UTP = unshielded twisted pair
STP = shielded twisted pair

you CAN'T buy stp cables at your local office max or walmart, however they are redaly available online and arent that expensive.

Graphicdetailsinc

ok i thought we were running 100% and i printed 4 4'x8' signs
no problems at all. I sent a job today and THE LINES ARE BACK!!

any other suggestions

Steve C.

I did not read the whole post, maybe already mentioned. Turn off microdot
if using Flexi. Same thing happend to me.