• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

STVOHH

Hello all,

I am in a situation with my printer. The quality in my printer has degraded badly. I can no longer print images no matter the resolution at a clear quality. It seems that over the hot weekend something affected it.
My prints come out grainy and blurry, with what appears to be tiny dots obscuring the image. I've attached some examples below. If you take note of the yellow square i printed yoou will noptice it is not solid, its got cyan and magenta dots sprinkled across it and its cause is unknown to me.

I have calibrated the head, cleaned it as well. i've lowered and raised the heat and no change..
I currently use Photoprint Server Pro and have trouble shooted using all types of data types but i still end up with the same result.

I am worried that my printer head is going out, although all colors are firing and nozzles are pretty much clean. I am wondering if it could be an electrical issue..

If anyone can help me with my problem it would be appreciated greatly...

note: My machine has a DX5 print head.
blurry 1.png
dots.png
blurry 2.png

AlsEU

CMYK stripes on the left edge of the print look better than the printed graphics, am I correct? Have you tried to print with a different colour profile or without the profile at all? Try also to print pure CMYK solids with (if available anything similar, this is the option's name from the Caldera RIP) the 'preserve pure colours' option (I mean that if the file contains pure 100% Y, it should be printed only with the Y ink, without any addons from the colour profile.

signheremd

I am not familiar with this brand, but looks like what you get when your flatbed printer negative pressure needs adjustment. Sometimes an air bubble can do something similar, but consistency points to negative pressure (the negative pressure setting holds the ink in the head until printing, too little and ink drips or sprays too soon, too little and it takes longer to exit the head). Hope that gives you a clue.

STVOHH

I am not familiar with this brand, but looks like what you get when your flatbed printer negative pressure needs adjustment. Sometimes an air bubble can do something similar, but consistency points to negative pressure (the negative pressure setting holds the ink in the head until printing, too little and ink drips or sprays too soon, too little and it takes longer to exit the head). Hope that gives you a clue.
Negative pressure.. hmm. I wonder how i trouble shoot this. I'm not familiar with that concept but it makes sense. I'll look into it.

STVOHH

CMYK stripes on the left edge of the print look better than the printed graphics, am I correct? Have you tried to print with a different colour profile or without the profile at all? Try also to print pure CMYK solids with (if available anything similar, this is the option's name from the Caldera RIP) the 'preserve pure colours' option (I mean that if the file contains pure 100% Y, it should be printed only with the Y ink, without any addons from the colour profile.
yes the cymk ribbon comes out clean. but not for the image..

AlsEU

yes the cymk ribbon comes out clean. but not for the image..
CMYK ribbon is printed as the rest of the file, so if the ribbon is ok, I would search in RIP options. Again, try to rip and print the same file with and without the profile. I know that the print without the profile will be flooded with colour, but the question is if it's even or grained.
And one more question - the graininess is visible on all profiles or only on one of them?