• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boost Box ECO - Fellers

dlndesign

Looking into this Boost Box ECO from Fellers. Its saying you can take a 24hr out-gassing to 4 hrs. I wanted to see if anyone has or has used this product and if it stands the test for out-gassing.

Fellers Catalog 2012 pg. 90, center right.

2B

no idea on if it does what it claims.

For the $ don't see why can't make one for much less.

in it basic form, re-useable sealed tube that has air cycled through it

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I recall seeing someone make a home made one before with a 5 gallon bucket sitting on a small stand, holes drilled all through the bottom, with a fan mounted under blowing up through the holes.

ProWraps

the fan should be pulling, not pushing. solvent is heavier than air.

be prepared to get lots of contamination in your prints.

thats the beauty of the latex. the rolls never unwind from printer to laminator. zero contamination.

dlndesign

OK, any guess on what it would take to make one? Any thoughts would be appreciated. We gets lots of 1-2 day turnaround jobs that need to ship same day mostly. Getting some major issues with out-gassing coming out through the adhesive.

ProWraps

buy a latex. if you are doing that much fast turn stuff, this device will still be a waste of time.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
the fan should be pulling, not pushing. solvent is heavier than air.

be prepared to get lots of contamination in your prints.

thats the beauty of the latex. the rolls never unwind from printer to laminator. zero contamination.

I'll bet you would have had less contamination if you had used a hair net while running your Mutohs........

wayne k
guam usa

Gene@mpls

I think that is about what I have in my Blackbox IR drier- works a treat.

Attachments

• DSC06233.JPG
    DSC06233.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC06232.JPG
    DSC06232.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 104

Centro Graphics

Only just saw this post through searching tools for the trade.

I would no way pay that much money on something like this, as said you could easily rig somehing yourself for a fraction of the cost. That yellow surround is just like those kid play tunnels for the garden. That plus a fan and a little stand would be a no brainer. That money could be spent on a holiday instead.

Prowraps. Great advice on a Latex but as a solution its a big spend.