• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bordeaux Ink = No Chips ?

ronl1975

I ordered my first batch of Bordeaux Ink and noticed they do not have any chips on them. Do I install the chips from older Roland cartridges or what ?

TheSnowman

I have no clue about a roland, but on my Mimaki, I don't do SQUAT but stick them in where the OEM cartridges were, and let it keep on printing.

MikePro

They should have chips...
All mine from fellers come with chips. Just call and tell them you were sent cartridges without chips and they'll ship em out to ya. You may have simply not specified which printer it was for and they just said "**** it, lets fill the order anyways" and shipped you blank cartridges. I've been sent a few cartridges that expired the week after I received them... Fellers sent me free chips the day after I complained, and a few extra in case it happened again.

You CAN use chips from other cartridges if you need to get going asap.
The chips only register the amount of ink in/used from the cartridge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert M

Chips

From what I hear they are only putting chips on the 440 carts. Go ahead and use old roland chips, they only reset the internal ink counter, which is not all that accurate anyway. Just remember to use 220 chips on 220 carts if you want the onboard ink counter to work.

ProColorGraphics

I am wondering what printer you are using these in and if you like them? I have been considering a 3rd party ink for a while and can't decide on which one to go with.

MikePro

there's threads about 3rd party inks, Triangle Bordeaux etc., with plenty of responses. Search function go!

I like Bordeaux, granted the solvent odor is overwhelming by comparison to OEM. Make sure you have proper exhausting, if not... over-do it.
Switching to Triangle next week since I've heard good things, brighter colors etc... same price as Bordeaux (half the cost of OEM).

TheSnowman

I have no complaints about bordeaux. I started using them because at the time, my vendor was giving me information on them, and they were the only ones you didn't have to flush your system and use different profiles. So far, they've been good. I had one cartridge open up on me during shipping, but Fellers replaced it no problem and shipped another one.

ronl1975

I am still waiting on Fellers to get back with me. They are waiting on Bordeaux. Luckily, I still have ink remaining in my current cartridges and I'm not losing money ........ yet.

Procolor, I have a Roland VP540. I choose Bordeaux due to my research of 3rd party inks and anxious to give them a try. This will be my 1st time using 3rd party inks.

ProColorGraphics

I am still waiting on Fellers to get back with me. They are waiting on Bordeaux. Luckily, I still have ink remaining in my current cartridges and I'm not losing money ........ yet.

Procolor, I have a Roland VP540. I choose Bordeaux due to my research of 3rd party inks and anxious to give them a try. This will be my 1st time using 3rd party inks.

I also have a VP540 that I have only used Roland ink in. I keep looking at the savings wondering if it is worth taking a chance???

You hear a lot of good things but all it takes is one horror story to make you stop and think.

ronl1975

Just heard back from Fellers. Apparently on the VP540, only the 440 cartridges work with it. NOT the 220 ...

threeputt

Shouldn't be too many reasons not to after the original warranty is up.

You seem to be alluding to voiding of the warranty. Please keep in mind that there are other factors in play.

For instance: 1) Ruined prints when one of the cartriges runs out with no warning and the machine continues to run on...printing. That's time and materials lost.

2) That line through which no ink was being pulled, will now require some siphoning to get it started flowing again. And hopefully you've not had the head dry up in the meantime. That's time lost.

I twice had this happen and informed my wholesaler both times. They basically told me tough luck, that it shouldn't be happening, but it can happen. And....here's the kicker. If I remember correctly, the savings was only about $5.00 per cartrige over the original ink cost.

Not worth it in my opinion.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have excellent compatible ink for Roland Versacamm printers. Our ink does not have solvent smell. 500ml for $50. Please call for more information. 7 days money back guarantee.

Francis- 949.209.7306

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I switched to Bordeaux on both my roland and Mimaki. It has been about 6 months and works great. I have one customer that we wrap all his vehicles and there are some unique solid colors.
Well they wrecked one and I had to replace the front fender and opposite rear bed. This was after the original was printed with the oem inks. Without any changes I was able to print the same files and the colors were spot on. (This was on the JV33).

I get them from fellers but it seems more suppliers are starting to stock them.

MikePro

i swapped out without profile changing, as well. no issues.
Still runnin' Bordeaux, but most likely switching to triangle so that I'm not so dependant on Fellers. i hear you DO have to profile triangle inx tho', brighter yellows out of the cartridge.