• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand New Mimaki Txf 75 150 Issues with head after install

Voyage Print

Hi Guys,
I am reaching out to my ever so helpful and knowledgeable community. We recently purchased the Mimaki TXF DTF printer, and while its brand new, and while we know its fully covered under warranty, the 2nd and 4th channel since we turned it on have been dropping out. The technician thought that it may be defective Dampers, so we replaced those. Same problem. We did multiple air purges thinking it was air trapped in the line or decompression somewhere, no avail. They are coming back to replace the head on Tuesday, which I am truly shocked that a head is the culprit. Especially since if we do multiple cleanings, ink fill and air purges it will get a solid nozzle test. But after about an our the same two channels are dropped again. Thoughts?
Image (2).jpeg

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I think it it seems weird that it’s the head as well but we had similar issues on our cv150 solvent and jv300 sublimation and both times it ended up being the head although I was sure it was an ink delivery system and replaced ink lines, dampers and more on the sublimation machine. At least yours is Under warranty.

We’re getting a txf in about a month as well, hopefully sooner. I need to order my powder shaker dryer tonight…

Voyage Print

It was never solved. Mimaki just ended up giving us the new 300-75 after two replacement 150s. Dtf superstore and mimaki were amazing. But they could not figure it out. But the 300 has been amazing now for five months

OLE

Thanks for the quick answer. At least we know the TxF300 works better.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

netsol

the mention of trapped air makes me wonder if the manifolds are not properly attached to the head (by the manufacturer)

i am not familiar enough with the mimaki's to know if they are all using the same ink lines (an the same manifold)