• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brass Plaque source?

appropriate1

We don't do trophy work, but have a customer in need of these brass plaques and holders. The local trophy shop
that we work with says he can no longer get the parts, but can engrave/print them if we can find them.
Two sizes and total of 50 pieces.
Thanks. Rob

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 176

Johnny Best

Go to Home Depot and buy brass kick plate.
Find someone who can cut them with a shear to the size you need.

w2csa

That looks like either Rowmark satin gold/black acrylic or dye sun gold aluminum. As for the holders Johnson plastics or JDS industries would be possible suppliers.

Superior_Adam

That's just a simple wall nameplate holder i believe we get ours from Johnson Plastics. Never tried to sheer them as that would bend the small tabs on the front over I would think. We always cut ours down if needed with a table saw.

Mr.Signboy

Those holders are made by JRS that just recently went out of business. You can probably buy some from Hansen Supply or Johnson plastic until they run out.

rossmosh

1. The holders are probably unavailable due to JRS going out of business. So that's problematic.

2. I don't get why people insist on taking such bad pictures. The only thing I can tell from that picture is it's not engraved and it's some sort of gold brushed material. Beyond that, it could be produced several different ways from several different materials. If I had to guess, it's gold sublimated aluminum, but again, that's an educated guess. There are 3-4 different brands/types of gold sublimated aluminum too so even if I'm right, it's nearly impossible to tell if that's DynaSub or some other variety.

CanuckSigns

1. The holders are probably unavailable due to JRS going out of business. So that's problematic.

2. I don't get why people insist on taking such bad pictures. The only thing I can tell from that picture is it's not engraved and it's some sort of gold brushed material. Beyond that, it could be produced several different ways from several different materials. If I had to guess, it's gold sublimated aluminum, but again, that's an educated guess. There are 3-4 different brands/types of gold sublimated aluminum too so even if I'm right, it's nearly impossible to tell if that's DynaSub or some other variety.
I think it's vinyl text, if you zoom in there are small bumps of dust under some letters.

rossmosh

It could be. The sheen seems pretty consistent between the letters and material which is why I went with sublimation.

But it just shows that we both do this sort of thing every day and there's no way with 100% confidence we can say what this is.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Looks like AlumaMark satin brass or satin bronze material with vinyl graphics. One of the brands Johnson Plastics carries. It could be a solid metal piece like a kick plate someone mentioned or a metal laminate from Wilson Art but those are big sheets and expensive. Seems hard to justify anything too complicated for just replacement name plates. I guess you could digitally print them and laser cut them out but I would rather apply vinyl and possibly reuse the panel for the next person with a simple vinyl changeout.