• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bringing my pnc-1000 back from dead....

Vohaul

so, i have this old pnc-1000 camm1 macvhine sitting around...so i figured id try and get it working for small cut only jobs that my xr-640 wont need to do...

so i got the dr. stika for testing, hooked it up to a usb/parralell cable./.and it works..yay....the only thing is that it seems like i have to hold down the lock lever in order for it to initialize...as soon as i let go, it says sheet unloaded and resets....cuts beautifully though...maybe even better than the xr-640..lol....

any one have any ideas.....

Thanks

Paul

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
No idea at all - except I posted many hours of typed instructions here about 10+ years ago, for people who had problems.
If you search and read that, it ought to help.
Failing that, give the machine away... We still have one that works fine- just slow, noisy, and limited to 150 cm length, or 5 ft.
PLUS you need to get media trimmed to 20" wide.

I plot straight out of Corel Draw, via Print preview, as long as all lines are hairline outlines.
you just need to install the driver as a printer.

Bergalhu

No idea at all - except I posted many hours of typed instructions here about 10+ years ago, for people who had problems.
If you search and read that, it ought to help.
Failing that, give the machine away... We still have one that works fine- just slow, noisy, and limited to 150 cm length, or 5 ft.
PLUS you need to get media trimmed to 20" wide.

I plot straight out of Corel Draw, via Print preview, as long as all lines are hairline outlines.
you just need to install the driver as a printer.
Hi Paul. I had the same problem years ago but in a PNC 1100 model. If I remember it right, it's in the lever end that touches the bar for locking both rollers to hold the vinyl down. At the end of the lever there's a kind of cam piece that forces the bar down and eventually it wears up and causes a minor gap that doesn't make the necessary force for the sensor ( I think ) to recognize correctly. I don't remember though how did I solved it at the time but I know I've improvised something that became a permanent fix.
I've been given last week 2 CAMM 1 plotters that have troubles. One PNC 1000 that gives pinch roll error no matter were they are placed. A PNC 1100 that doesn't recognize the sheet vinyl. Any clues someone? Already asked Ian this weekend in another very old thread for the user and service manuals to see if I can also bring them from death...
Hope it helps you,

Vitor